• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Wayfarer's (v7.8), and yes I also tried earlier versions, capability to cope with reCAPTCHA seems to be having a problem at the moment, well it is at least with this website - manualslib dot com, when I tried to download the Imation Superdisk LS-120 manual.

I tried several ways, using a different User Agent than Safari, which I find is usually the overall most supported across networks and websites web-browser identifier. I also deleted all my cookies, as at some point the reCAPTCHA tick/checkmark box would either not even display or just continued to show the 'busy rotating arc/circle/hoop'.

Initially Wayfarer just would not get to the picture collage, though OWB got to it straight away, but then couldn't get past that as the clicks on the images were not recognised by the response of me with OWB to the website, so I was stuck at that point with OWB.

When I did eventually get to the picture collage, and it required a reboot to get that far, as it seems that no matter how many times Wayfarer quits it still leaves some trace of itself in memory ... somewhere ... at least that's what it seems due to this persisting until a reboot has been carried out! Anyway, after a reboot I was able, almost immediately, with no cookies, or remnants of Wayfarer in memory it managed to get to the picture collage, and allowed me to 'check' (tick) the required images/pictures, but once that was complete and I was past the reCAPTCHA then Wayfarer's click on the "Get Manual" button was not recognised and so all that messing about was a waste of time! :-(

Anyone else visited this site and have any suggestions or a similar experience? :-?

I know Wayfarer v8 is being worked on, but I had not actually expected to encounter this reCAPTCHA issue with this well known site seeing as such a lot of work has been done by Jacadcaps and Piru of recent, as it's not like development with Wayfarer is standing still - big thanks to their regular hard work. 8-D

I also noticed that sometimes, and it is quite infrequently, that a 'dash' (hyphen) appears towards the centre of the title bar of Wayfarer's window (GUI) (not the very top menu bar) and pulses on/off for a short while, as though some errant code has almost slipped out of the GUI and could get up to some mischief, but then it seems to go dormant again - anyone noticed that as well? :-?

I've still not heard back from Discogs - logging in issue, which relates back to Comment #1530 in this thread (above), but when I do I will endeavour to update this thread accordingly

Also, Manualzz dot com has now gone Cloudflare so we MorphOS users using Wayfarer cannot use that site either it seems. :-(
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »31.03.24 - 09:29