• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

NewSense wrote: What is the maximum size a downloaded file can be […] on each of these supported file systems - SFS, FAT-16/32 (O/L), HFS? :-?
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote: See link in comment #1404.
    Thanks for quoting the link again, and this time I actually read through the page your link relates to - Comment #1404 {link}, which for some reason I just didn't study the link's information fully, but even so it means that a full DVD, which is usually over 4GB cannot be stored on most of our supported filesystems.

That is, apart from ext2/ext3 (v0.48 updated in 2021) (from the Linux realm) which we have a filesystem for, but I cannot remember it being advertised as being useful, but it does seem to be capable of storing 16GB of data in one filesize . . . but how you get the data file over from a SFS or FAT filesystem, where usually you would activate Wayfarer from to download such a large file - as if the file is over 4GB then that could not be stored on a SFS or FAT filesystem to then be transferred to the EXT2 filesystem media? :-?

Or . . . would it be possible to launch Wayfarer from an EXT2 hard disk, or have the downloads directory on the EXT2 filesystem media and save the download on that filesystem for it to be used from there?
    Also . . . would it be possible to launch Jalapeno either from such a (EXT2) filesystem and/or get it to create a DVD that is as full as a DVD-R/W can be, even via concatenation by using the EXT2 filesystem?

The EXT2 filesystem also seems to be quite troublesome to setup on MorphOS, or has this been made simpler than downloading and working through the process with GiggleDisk by Guido 'geit' Mersmann?

Having said that, if you double-click on the GiggleDisk icon (either the MOSPPC icon or the AOS68k icon) then nothing seems to happen, and the ReadMe was authored 18 years ago, and seems quite scant in details as to how to use it correctly, such that I didn't manage to figure it out, well . . . not as yet!
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »21.11.23 - 01:58