• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

NewSense wrote: Will we ever, in the forseeable future, be able to use Wayfarer to download a file of about 4.3GB in size onto any MorphOS supported disk media? :-?
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:Do you have some specific repro steps for this? I am unaware of any issues with size limitations when downloading files in Wayfarer itself.
    Well I used to get downloads over certain sizes 'failing' remaining stalled/incomplete with earlier versions of Wayfarer, IIRC :-? but as they do now seem to complete correctly I realise this issue has been fixed or was a 'suspicion' due to them not downloading fully (though I cannot imagine that they didn't really fail as I re-tried in the past numerous historic downloads that this happened with a few times and got no further with completing them as full downloads).

Though maybe it was related to using a specific filesystem as the destination as to where the file was going to be saved to? :-?
    What is the maximum size a downloaded file can be with MorphOS, on each of these supported file systems - SFS, FAT-16/32 (O/L), HFS? :-?
    As I don't want to go starting a download only to find it won't complete on a filesystem that cannot cope with the filesize of the datafile. ;-)

I'm glad I asked the question, but realise now that downloads do all seem to work as they should, as you mentioned, and is something I probably needn't be concerned about, other than if it relates to a filesystem capability of not/accepting certain filesizes. 8-D
    Quote:

NewSense wrote: I ask as Jalapeno seems to have enough trouble in burning an ISO file of more than about 1.2GB to a DVD disk without employing a form of concatenation to create mini data packs that it 'glues' the data together as it records it onto one complete file on DVD media. ;-)
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:What problem is it you speak of? Splitting large files like this is used to be a standard practice, not just on MorphOS.
    I don't see concatenation as an issue with Jalapeno burning files larger than 1.2GB, but why can't it burn a file that is 4.3GB in size instead of needing to split it up into smaller files to 'glue' them back together into larger files?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »20.11.23 - 23:45