• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ Amigaharry2 - I have tried v6.2, as well as v6.1 and some of what you say seems to be correct - at least for me, others may have a different (better or worse) experience regarding their findings regarding accessing PayPal. I do not know if the UK site functions differently to the other worldwide sites for PayPal, but with all these sites probably having some subtle nuances to their webpage code that is always possible to be a factor.

@ Piru - I am grateful for your insight, and I do not for a moment imagine that the internet is going to standstill for an Operating System that it has never probably heard of, and will continue to add JavaScript to fucntions that could well do without them, or could be implemented a different way that are not so CPU intensive.

. . . So, if I load v6.2 with JavaScript enabled and using Safari as the User Agent then if I load PayPal to the login screen, then I can see the whole front page of PayPal, that is the login name input area, and the Password input area, as well as the other usual input areas and buttons/clickable links.

If I enter the correct login details then that usually takes me directly to the "Send & Request" page where I cannot see the rest of the fields, apart from the far left edge of the screen that has a thin white vertical strip with a horizontal shadow area across the upper third of the screen, but only about a centimetre in height, and has a white footer area, with a thin dark upper edge that has towards the left side PayPal's name with options going from left to right as Help, Contact Us, Security as the 3 available options.

If I run the mouse cursor across the screen then I can see the mouse pointer change, numerous times, to an action mouse pointer, as though it is going over "buttons" or zones (clickable links) that should be possible to 'click' on, and if I look in the Tab mini-window each dot that represents an icon on screen they are roughly where they seem they would be proportionately to that area in the main screen window in Wayfarer.

The place holders on the page on all the other pages seem to get filled with their images/icons/text as they should do to work correctly, but for some reason this does not appear to be happening on the "Send & Request" page. :-?

Also, once you have been on the "Send & Request" page if you go "Back" in history (Cmd+B) then each an every other page that you visited in that Tab remains "Whited-out" and no details display on that Tab. I seem to remember having this issue as something that jacadcaps had to 'fix' previously of a similar issue, but not in the same context in relation to PayPal.

If I login with the option to go to the Message page (Notifications) then that page is shown as usual, with the same User Agent and JavaScript enabled, so I can read the messages, and open them. If I click on the link to the "Wallet" or Activity page then I can see payments that I have made, or other options.

The English page options available to me on PayPal are "Dashboard", "Home" (Summary), "Crypto", "Send and Request", "Wallet", "Activity", and "Help", and further to the right "Notifications (Bell icon) and "Profile" (sprocket/gear icon). Every one of these apart from "Send & Request" option seems to be working correctly - with v6.2, but not with v6.3 or v6.4.

The only option, clickable button that takes me to a blank page is "Send and Request" - which I can see the mini-Tab representation of which seems to show it has loaded correctly, but I cannot visually see just about any of it actually on screen as it is intended to be viewed. That is definitely in need of greater focus it seems to me, to get that understood and made to work correctly, but how that will be achieved I do not know.

Both v6.3 and v6.4 seem to work much worse in this regard compared to v6.1 & v6.2, though v6.1 & v6.2 are not working as we need them to. :-(

@ jacadcaps - In the meantime then . . . I'll use v5.5 for anything PayPal related - as I can confirm that v5.5 works OK for now. 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »25.10.23 - 01:52