• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - OK, I get the situation you're in/explaining.

However, can you second guess what such software would be checking for with a specific web-browser or feature that it offers openly to another web server for it to allow that person access to such a website, i.e. what does Firefox, Chrome or any other mainstream web-browsers offer that is likely to satisfy such checking, that Wayfarer doesn't offer generally when using the Wayfarer, Chrome or Safari User Agent - that when using the Safari/iOS User Agent it offers that website details that allow it to connect through?

That's so Wayfarer can incorporate such features to overcome this issue, if you think it could be possible to make such an intuitive, logic-based "guess" to improve Wayfarer with more User Agent capabilities that work more widely and effectively.

I ask because I got through the check, after many attempts, by using the Chrome User Agent, and then swapped/reloaded the page as Safari/iOS which seemed to do the trick (complete the webpage/Cloudflare server check). So, surely there is something in what Wayfarer forwards to a website - when these User Agents are chosen that indicates it's a "friendly"/suitable web-browser to these sites in question, that the other options don't offer that might make the other User Agents more effective straight away if implemented in them all?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »26.07.21 - 00:34