• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Zetec-s wrote: When you say you can barely play a video on YouTube at the moment that really surprised me as YouTube playback is excellent now on all my machines. I tend to keep it at 360p on the G4 machines but my MacMini can do 720p I just don’t tend to do it as the fan kicks in relatively quickly.

I must admit that I rarely go on YouTube thesedays, so my usage has got to be considered as comparatively low, but the videos that jacadcaps pointed me to in thread #754 -

https://youtu.be/Iv38R8l3EHU G5 PCIe 2.3GHz
    https://youtu.be/T2z54XSRo3w mac Mini 1.5GHz
    https://youtu.be/pqce-7x1e24 same mini with focus on CPU usage

. . . none of those played fluidy from the links, AFAIR, so that was something more to make comment on regarding YouTube playback.

However, the audio issues of Formula 1's website seem to be an unaddressed issue, if the sound will play, by some "jiggery-pokery, fiddle-faddle, then it should work when clicked on, and not fail to play.

RAM should also not get "gobbled up" and Wayfarer crash, that should be prevented, where RAM is being allocated to a "phantom" or undeliverable process that is never going to display/load what is supposed to materialise, if the hardware cannot cope with a website's demands, which I think would be reasonable, if all else has been tried to get it to work and it just can't be made to cope anyway.
    Quote:

Zetec-s wrote: Just got me thinking that something isn’t quite right for you here.

You've taken this out of context - did you not read my comments of . . .
    Quote:

though much of what Wayfarer can handle is truly amazing. :-o . . .
    . . . and . . . playback on the BBC site now is quite astounding for Wayfarer to be able to process, so some major leaps in its progress of recent have been made by Jacek, and I also commented . . .Quote:

by Jacek and whoever else is involved in making Wayfarer capable of what it has already amazed us with - I do really mean that . . .

Quote:

Zetec-s wrote: I appreciate the frustrations of having to try different options on the media side to get things to work and I know you really appreciate what Jaca has done to date but to me a little bit of playing around to get something working is almost the “Amiga” way. Haven’t we all be trying to prove since 1994 that things can be done with less overheads.

I agree wholeheartedly with those comments, and I just don't want to be even the teenyist-bit underwhelmed of what can be achieved with Wayfarer, so I'd like to see as many improvements and will offer donations of as much as I can afford to support that happening, as Jacek, and all those who contribute to improving Wayfarer, deserve it for all our sakes. 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »03.07.21 - 18:28