• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: Once again, there is no bug in Wayfarer that causes it to "swallow" RAM like you're saying. It only happens because your CPU is not enough for formula1.com's playback JavaScript.

Is that the only reason that RAM is disappearing at the speed it is - just JavaScript?

Before you think I am disappointed with Wayfarer I should state here & now that I think that what you have achieved is amazing for us all - I'd just like to know that you've squeezed out all the potential that's possible for us on PPC hardware. 8-D

Is there any reason to consider that you will manage to get videos to play better, well at all with audio, on F1's website at some point and any reason to remain optimistic during you developing any potential to do so?

I can barely play a video on YouTube anyway currently, so if your aim is to enhance this playability it seems it still needs some tweaking, that might also benefit other sites like F1 - so I am hoping you'll manage to improve it more for YT, and hopefully that will have a knock-on effect for F1 as well, . . . or am I hoping for too much?

Why doesn't the audio play, like the podcast on F1's website - until I tricked it into playing by clicking lots of times on one then the other of the alternatively hosted podcast of audioboom?

If the audio can be "tricked" into playing then surely there is room for some development that will eliminate this non-playing/non-triggering when clicked on issue, which may enhance video's playing as well.

And why does the RAM disappear on the F1 site when it doesn't on the audioboom site? JavaScript again? :-?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »03.07.21 - 06:18