• MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I even found, in some instances, that if I kept the drop-down menu in view then a video would play (which seems weird :-/) when otherwise it just kept start/pause/restart/pause, etc.

Drop down is a blocking menu so you are effectively preventing JavaScript running on the site while you keep it open.

Quote:

Sometimes the audio starts, but there is no rhyme or reason as to why it starts some times and other times fails to load the audio. It also gobbles up the RAM and often/usually plays part way through a video and then exits with the "Wayfarer seems to have run out of RAM" error message/crash - even if the video is only 4 to 5 mins in length which seems to be an "out-of-control" situation with Wayfarer. After the error/crash I have to reboot as there is no way Wayfarer will load audio for Formula 1's website or work correctly as the "CON" and "Wayfarer" are Frozen tasks in the system and only rebooting will free them up again.

Configuring AHI to use device.audio should help. Set Music Unit to Unit 0: HIFI 16 bit stereo++. As for memory consumption I can only suggest you try it on a machine with more RAM.

Quote:

Some aspects/uses of Wayfarer on a restart/launch - without a system reboot - will work, at least for a while, without issue(s) other than audio on Formula 1's website, but then, audio working on Formula 1's website is sporadic to say the least, for no apparent reason.

The reason is misconfigured AHI. f1.com tries to play 2+ streams at once to automatically manage the quality (ha ha) which is the source of your issues.
  • »30.06.21 - 15:49
    Profile Visit Website