• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I've tried to get some improvement(s) with Formula 1's website, but generally with Wayfarer v2.2 I don't seem to be able to find a "sweet-spot".

Sometimes I can get a video to play (but usually no audio) most of the way through, using the same attributes:-

Wayfarer (as Wayfarer),
    and with these options active (ticked)
    Media Playback
    HLS Streaming Support
    Decode Video

I even found, in some instances, that if I kept the drop-down menu in view then a video would play (which seems weird :-/) when otherwise it just kept start/pause/restart/pause, etc. (in a seemingly perpetual loop) and failed to play, but with the menu on view it played until the looped/streamed section of the video was used up, and then I got the "unable to download video" error message.

Sometimes the audio starts, but there is no rhyme or reason as to why it starts some times and other times fails to load the audio. It also gobbles up the RAM and often/usually plays part way through a video and then exits with the "Wayfarer seems to have run out of RAM" error message/crash - even if the video is only 4 to 5 mins in length which seems to be an "out-of-control" situation with Wayfarer. After the error/crash I have to reboot as there is no way Wayfarer will load audio for Formula 1's website or work correctly as the "CON" and "Wayfarer" are Frozen tasks in the system and only rebooting will free them up again.

Some aspects/uses of Wayfarer on a restart/launch - without a system reboot - will work, at least for a while, without issue(s) other than audio on Formula 1's website, but then, audio working on Formula 1's website is sporadic to say the least, for no apparent reason.

I have noticed that with v2.2 there is a major improvement with video, with audio :-o on the BBC iPlayer website, so I watched quite a long section (10 to 15 minutes) of "Antman" - one of the TV stations movies of recent days, play via the iPlayer, and it seemed to be pauseable, playable/restartable from a pause, with audio sync'd with the video, and would play nicely in full screen mode even on my MacMini G4 1.5GHz 64MB, so that seems to be a step forward. :-)

Yet another step forward for Wayfarer - I have noticed is that it is now possible to access the "Sounds" webpage of the BBC, so you can listen directly to the BBC website's radio, podcasts, . . .
    and anything else that is broadcast via their online services. :bloons:

I also noticed that the right click context menu on eBay's message pages is now working again, which it hasn't been for a few releases of recent. 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »30.06.21 - 01:35