• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

NewSense wrote: why does v1.12 get the video to play and yet the later versions don't allow it to play?

Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: Wait, what? Isn't that the version you wrote about in these words:

Quote:

NewSense wrote: Initially I got a side-by-side video, a sort of Picture-In-Picture display, of the video squashed into the frame as though 2 versions of the video were running parallel to one another in sync/same time-frame, but with no audio. So, I reloaded the page and then got audio and video, though there was some stuttering (MacMini 1.5GHz) but more tweaking of the "Deblocking filter" allows better, more fluid/continuous - no/less stuttering, video/audio. However, on that page there is a second video of an interview of the driver, and it seems that once the first video/audio has been triggered it does not load up the audio or video for the second video without a complete reload of the page.

Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: That's an interesting definition of 'works better than in later versions'.

You've got to remember my comments were soon after v1.12's initial release, and after further "tweaking" I got some better performance out of it . . . and . . . a video actually played (which with v1.13 - v1.16 it doesn't) on formula1.com.

That said . . . it seems that you've now got more features and more improvements along with other additions in v1.17 that with the HVC codec and Media Source playback I can now get the videos to run quite well on formula1.com, and from what others have said they too have noticed significant improvements with media/video capabilities, so kudos to you and the others involved in making this release such an improvement - big thanks. 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »08.05.21 - 04:55