• MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Maybe now would be a good time to ask if there are some additions to Wayfarer that aren't in OWB, and vice versa? :-)

There's a lot of things that OWB has that Wayfarer doesn't. In part since the WebKit doesn't support this yet, in part because I haven't had the chance to implement it in Wayfarer itself and in part because I did not even start looking into some of the stuff.

(Explainer: WebKit consists of several libs. WTF is low level stuff like containers, file I/O, threading, allocators. JSCore is the JavaScript engine. WebCore is basically all of the actual browser - that's where all of HTML, layout, CSS, networking, media, etc happens. WebKit is basically a glue between WebCore and a UI toolkit / OS. That part I'm basically writing from 0.)

I'm not going to bother with a lot of things that Fab did in OWB - Inspector being one example. Another thing that isn't happening is web activity LEDs OWB has (there's no provisioning for that in WebCore).

For some summary of what's working:

- A very recent WebKit with a standard JS interpreter with several big endian fixes. Compatibility with most websites is pretty good.
    - Standard navigation controls