• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

jPV wrote:

Actually Iris probably originates from Greek mythology too :) It's a goddess who's "messenger of the gods". So maybe some other goddess would do too?

Didn't know that. :-) Well, gods/goddesses of Greek mythology then:

Zeus
    Hera
    Poseidon
    Demeter
    Athena
    Apollo
    Artemis
    Ares
    Hephaestus
    Aphrodite
    Hermes
    and either Hestia or Dionysus

Several already used Amiga related names there. And this of course relates to Odyssey as well. Kind of popular to use Greek mythology in Amiga contexts, yes? ;-)

Someone has compiled a list of Norse mythology names here. Thor was used for an ancient newsgroup/mail reader if memory serves me right?

Quote:

Quote:

• Discovery (Also "Star Trek: Discovery")
    • Challenger (developing and maintaining a web browser is a challenge ;-), though the name is kind of stained with tragedy, and not the easiest word to spell)
    • or Endeavour (difficult to spell for non-English).

I don't think I like these... :)

Not even "Discovery"? ;-)

Eagle is another non-fictional space craft. "The Eagle has landed", the first to bring man to the moon. In the Apollo (Greek mythology) program, using a Saturn (Roman mythology equivalent of the Greek Kronos) V rocket.

Quote:

And one fictional spaceship too: Lexx ;) But it doesn't sound that cool as a browser name as it was as a serie I guess :)

"Helix" is also used in several contexts for fictional space ships, so not only part of the ear in human anatomy...

Quote:

I think Wayfarer is a good candidate, sounds cool, and surprisinly little used name for any software when googling a bit, so it would be quite unique.

Hmm, maybe, but kind of a complex word. Not as complex as "Odyssey" though... ;-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »27.02.20 - 13:35