• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:

I've absolutely no idea how it's going to be called.

Well, since Iris is probably struck from the list...

...how about Helix?

Or Columella?

;-)

Regarding "going places" (like Odyssey and Voyager), with reference to the space shuttles (because of "2001: A Space Odyssey" and "Star Trek: Voyager" and also because of "Sputnik", the MorphOS browsing legacy):

• Discovery (Also "Star Trek: Discovery")
    • Challenger (developing and maintaining a web browser is a challenge ;-), though the name is kind of stained with tragedy, and not the easiest word to spell)
    • or Endeavour (difficult to spell for non-English).

Less real space ships:

• Falcon (from Star Wars: Millennium Falcon)

• Enterprise (Star Trek. No, second thought: strike that! Too dorky, even for me! ;-))
    • Firefly (From the TV-series with the same name which actually had a rather cool atmosphere. It takes place on Serenity, a "Firefly-class" spaceship. And more important: It could also connect to Firefox and the MorphOS logo (butterflies fly) at the same time. I suppose a really cool logo could be made with this (butterfly, flames), signalling it's a MorphOS browser.)

General movement, going places, etc:

• [Web] Strider
    • [Web] Walker (also reference to a famous Amiga HW project, which like the comics character "the Phantom" was mythical and seen by few. The Phantom's "civilian" name was Kit Walker. Web Kit. ;-) Also there was "Walker, Texas Ranger", the Rangers "were going places" traditionally, and Chuck Norris is a mythology by himself ;-))
    • Expedition (think Safari, Internet Explorer)

Ah well, going away to do something useful now...

;-)

Edit: Shouldn't the ul/li HTML-elements linebreak?

Edit 2: Hmm, "Firefly" kind of grows on me... ;-)

[ Edited by takemehomegrandma 27.02.2020 - 13:47 ]
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »27.02.20 - 12:11