• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ Solo_Kazuki - You can use MakeCD 3.2d beta12, from this hosted website which is free to download and install a valid generic registration keyfile (Serial Number: 555555555, License Key: "H8HsRww)7Uz)!iXE5PUMfgP#VymA6", for the program from the webpages and that has DAO capabilities and you can use its Quick Erase functionality for CD-RWs.

There is also Frying Pan v1.3.2 from MorphOS Storage which has just a quick erase function for CD-RWs and DVD-RWs.

Though I have to agree with you, that you'd think that Jalapeno would have been blessed/designed with the ability to just "blank" a CD-RW/DVD-RW without the process only being built-in, but inaccessible, as it's writing data to a disc that has already got unwanted data on it.

I suppose a lot of users prefer to have SSDs or HDDs in their optical drive bay, but I still like to keep a working optical drive, and still basically need to in order to boot the MorphOSBoot CD v3.11 or an earlier release, to be able to get SCANdal functional (scanning software - though it's almost a MorphOS software scandal) due to the outstanding issues still being an issue, and waiting to be fixed. :-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »03.01.21 - 01:41