• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

walkero wrote:
    Hello guys,
    I created a few python scripts for AmigaOS 4 that retrieve data from various online video streaming websites like twitch.tv, mixer.com, vimeo.com, dailymotion.com, youtube.com and others. Those scripts use various players, like ffplay and mplayer. They are also usable with VLC under Linux and MacOS X. You can find my scripts at https://github.com/walkero-gr/aiostreams

Unfortunately, although that I searched a lot, I can't find any capable player in MorphOS that support m3u8 video playlists. There is an old version of ffmpeg and ffplay from 2009, and an old VLC, that unfortunately, do not support the needed video formats.

MPlayer is able to play the playlist, but since they include many little pieces of the video, from 2 to 5 seconds, mplayer stops and starts the next one, and viewing a video is problematic.

So, I would like to ask, if there is any updated version of ffmpeg and ffplay, or if someone is working on that. If not, can anyone propose an other solution?

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Are you retrieving the data of many different formats of small video clips, then trying to play them like they were one continuous video, by using many different video content players, or have I misunderstood what you are doing on the other platforms, but can't yet do on MorphOS, because ffmpeg, ffplay and VLC are outdated on MorphOS?

I was not aware that our versions of ffmpeg, ffplay and VLC, were older than the versions available for AmigaOS4. Maybe that can be fixed (or already has, but you haven't found the correct versions yet), and hopefully someone with more knowledge than myself will respond to this thread, and give you some good news.

[ Edited by amigadave 23.09.2019 - 23:44 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »24.09.19 - 07:42