• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    Hi Morpherz,

Since MorphOS 3.10 supports USB audio it dragged me back to this system that i haven't used for years. So i purchased a Powerbook G4, requested for my old licence to be assigned to the new machine (thanks to Ralph from the MorphOS team who helped me a great deal with it) and jumped back into the blue butterfly world.

Enough about the introduction, here's my goal : i'd like to turn my MorphOS laptop into an audiophile setup, mainly to be able to listen to some hires music (flac, not dreaming yet about playing DSD in MOS). I tried a few USB Dacs and most of them were unsupported (USB Audio v2.0) but my good old Astell&Kern AK320 digital audio player seems to be supported. It shows up in Poseidon with the usbaudio class assigned to it. It shows up in the AHI config with 2 devices, 16 and 24bit units.
    Unfortunately, none of the audio players i've tried (Aminet Radio, SongPlayer, Mplayer) won't output anything when i select the AK320 as the current AHI unit.(even mp3, flac files etc) That's where i need some help. Maybe i'm not setting it up right, maybe these softwares simply don't support it but i've read here some feedback about users being able to output sound on an USB dac.

Any idea that would help me with it ? is there any software that would allow me to play hires (24 bit 96/192khz flac files) ?

thanks ! and glad to be back.
  • »14.09.19 - 12:15