ImageFX problem on Mac
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    vulture
    Hello guys!

So here's a problem regarding ImageFX not present on MorphOS 3.11 on a Peg2 , but only on a Mac:

Upon start, right after its screen appears, the whole OS freezes. That's on a G5, but also happened on a dual G4. Thumbnail.library is in libs: and, besides, I've set the requesters to use asl anyway, so, that's not it.

Needless to say, I've reinstalled both MorphOS and the application without any change.
    As I said, under the same conditions on Peg2, it works just fine.

Any help, highly appreciated.
  • »05.09.19 - 20:50
  • ghh
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    ghh
    I remember crashing ImageFX if a font that is not on disk was set in the settings.
    But it works for me (ImageFX4.5) on all computers (PB, G4, G5), so I don't know ...
  • »07.09.19 - 00:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Works on Mac mini here... have you tried to copy your ImageFX installation (directory) from Peg to Mac? Or just the Default.prefs file? Or have you tried to rename the Default.prefs file out of use and see what happens then (should pop up a screenmode requester first)?

And when you say its screen appears, is the new screen empty or does it draw some graphics or the control panel there?
  • »07.09.19 - 08:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    _coliN_
    In my setup on a Peg1 the settings for Vmem often caused some trouble and such behaviour...
  • »07.09.19 - 20:55
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    vulture
    Thx for the answers guys. I'm gonna try the fonts suggestion. I've already tried to copy the installed dir from peg and the default.prefs file to no avail, but thx for the suggestion.
  • »08.09.19 - 00:48
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I use IFX v4.0 and I rarely have issues with it, but I always had issues with v4.5 installing, so I avoid it, as I'm not that bothered about the slight improvements that were made, as I think some of the stability was compromised prior to 'Kermit' Woodall selling the program to A-Eon. It was also very annoying that he never supplied a manual even on PDF for IFX v4.x as he said he intended to, I believe, so some of what is in that release of the program is almost guesswork when using it. :-?

I have the v2.1 printed book, and the v3.x and v4.x update manuals, prior to v4.5, but having ALL the updates in one manual would have been a major improvement. ;-)

I know he sold - through a third party bookseller - a version of IFX v4.5 as a printed version, but it was overly expensive I seem to remember, and I don't think it's for sale anymore anyway. :-(
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »08.09.19 - 08:03
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    vulture
    I think I've 4.0 version somewhere as well, gonna try that too
  • »08.09.19 - 18:01
  • ghh
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    ghh
    You need some ClassAct gadgets (chooser.gadget, ...) and sys:classes/images/bevel.image. I also copy Rexxc directory to sys:
    ImageFX is my second most favorite program :)
  • »08.09.19 - 22:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    vulture
    I think I had copied those, but I'll take another look, thx :)
  • »09.09.19 - 17:08
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    vulture
    small update, I found out that since I stopped ImageFX from opening the palette window at startup, the freeze was gone. Sure enough, once I hit the palette to appear it freezes again. That's progress I guess, still unusable, but something to investigate.
  • »09.09.19 - 21:02
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    vulture
    No, not the preview window. I can load images and apply fx fine, but the moment I click for the palette window to appear (to select a colour), it freezes. Hence, it's unusable if I can't spray things on images with fx. Now, I've copied the gadgets and images from the classes dir of peg2 and it's still the same. Baffles me! I'll try different preview modes too, but I think I've done this before to no avail. I'm currently using WindowedCGX.
  • »10.09.19 - 17:07
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    vulture
    Ah.....I see, hadn't noticed that! Then yes, that's the one :)
  • »10.09.19 - 21:11