• MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

BSzili wrote:
    Sorry for hijacking the thread, but is there any way to get some kind of log from VNCServe? I've been using it with RealVNC successfully, but after one of the system updates (3.12 or 3.13) it stopped working, when I try to connect it just times out. I tried mucking around the settings, turning "Accept LAN connection only" on/off, adding 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 to the access list, etc., but nothing helped. The network configuration including the IP addresses is the same. I thought maybe I could find some clues in the logs, but I don't know how to enable them.

Well, I use TwinVNC to connect to my linux mint system as well as to my Pegasos2 from my PowerMac..

I think 0.0.0.0 is the problem here. I used "Allow 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0" and "Deny: all" at the end. This works without any issue for years now.

Ah, and I forgot. Do not! Never Ever! Add applications that try to connect to the internet into the wbstartup folder. This may work today and tomorrow, but for sure will fail in the future.

Use the network-startup file in s: for ensuring network in up and running, before the application gets launched.

[ Edited by geit 14.03.2020 - 22:03 ]
  • »14.03.20 - 21:54