• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    ....let me tell you that I am looking into merging Fab's Odyssey into a 2017 state of WebKit with internetzel's patches included. If you guys feel like collecting some money for this cause will help - you are right. Do note, however, that any work I do is and will be exclusive to MorphOS.

WTF and JSCore are already patched by the way. Digging through WebCore right now. There's a lot of stuff that is totally obsolete in Fab's patches so a feature set of any new browser will be different than the old one.

I'm very happy to read that one of my favorite developers, "jacadcaps", is looking into merging Fab's Odyssey work, with anything that will make a newer and more capable version of Odyssey for MorphOS users. Someone please set up a specific Odyssey bounty project, and consult with jacadcaps for the description of the exact work and goals, so we can advertise this bounty to the rest of the MorphOS users, and raise the money which will help Jacek thrive, while he works on this important program for all of us. If there is a way to add BigFoot, and his JIT work to the project, and fairly divide the bounty money between the two developers, that would be even better.

I don't mind donating to the Iris project, knowing that it will also help Jacek to work on Odyssey, but think that a separate bounty would generate much more interest, and donations.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »25.03.19 - 02:07