• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I wonder what the chances are for getting an update for Odyssey (OWB) web browser? Could we raise enough money for a comprehensive update that would bring it up to modern standards (or close), or even a bounty for a different browser, if one is available to port to MorphOS, which might be easier to maintain and keep up to date? I know Fab, Odyssey's creator has much less free time, now that he is a Father, but Fatherhood also includes increased monetary demands for baby clothes, food, diapers, etc., so perhaps if the bounty amount is high enough, Fab can be persuaded to dedicate some of his limited free time toward an updated Odyssey (OWB) for us.

Does anyone here have frequent contact with Fab? I think it is obvious that MorphOS is in great need of an up to date web browser, and that Odyssey could be improved upon.

What do the rest of you think of this idea of creating a new bounty for an updated Odyssey? Are there any other feasible web browser choices for ports to MorphOS?

Edit: I think a constantly updated web browser is one of the applications for MorphOS that I would be willing to pay a yearly subscription fee, to keep it working, as standards change. I'm probably not alone in thinking this way, and maybe many MorphOS users would also subscribe to a payment schedule, to keep getting regular updates for Odyssey, or any other web browser ported to MorphOS, if the developer could keep it constantly working for us, as new standards or requirements arrive.

[ Edited by amigadave 23.03.2019 - 13:22 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »23.03.19 - 22:17