Paladin of the Pegasos
Posts: 1151 from 2012/11/10
From: Manchester, UK/GB
Sorry to hear about your SSD issues, that really is likely to be a great deal of trouble, but as others have said, I'd persist with any valid warranty you have for the SSD drive, as that should be honoured by either the retailer or Intel if the extended warranty is still valid.
I can understand about the delay of an updated Folio, which is a shame, but understandable, and I hope you get some satisfaction by obtaining a warranted replacement unit, and are able to get back on track with your MorphOS passion, for which many of us, well me at least as I can't speak for everyone I suppose, are ever so grateful for.
I'm not a major fan of SSD drives, but I do own a few, though I rarely use them, as they are kept disconnected for most of the time, with the software updated when necessary, yet still available as a backup should I need them. I trust them even less now I have heard of your trouble with one.
MacMini 1.5GHz,10,2,64MB VRAM,1GB,Airport, Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL+CD-RW,Iomega MiniMax,Belkin 6 port 3 x Firewire/3 x, USB2, MorphOS 3.12, Mac OSX 10.4/10.5, A1138+A1139 PwrBk MOS v3.12,Model 5,8/5,9, & PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP)