• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

Beside the fact that these also seem off (but only by a factor of about 1.21) compared to the 2.7 GHz G5, your 1.6 GHz G5 being faster than your 1.8 GHz G5 indicates that something is not right here, which has nothing to do with optimization.

I guess we'll never know unless somebody does this benchmark on a similar machine (hint, hint). Just run MorphOS dnetc client, and choose the "Benchmark All" option from the pull-down menu. I could test the 1,8 GHz CPU module in another G5 (not earlier than tomorrow though), but I'd very much welcome some comparative results for other 1,8 or 2,0 GHz machines.
    I don't know what difference in performance does the memory - the machine's got PC2700 ATM. I don't have free PC3200 memory sticks, but I'll find some and check that too. I'm going to do some more "raw power benchmarks" as well, but the idea of switching the CPU modules back and forth gives me creeps.
    The 1,8 GHz CPU card isn't from a "crippled" budget-version G5, they both indicate correct FSB in ShowConfig (800 MHz for 1,6 GHz one and 900 MHz for the 1,8).
  • »17.05.18 - 17:53