• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

koszer wrote:
    Quote:

Tomo wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I bought today an XT9600 with GPA slot. I replaced it for the original videocard but no luck. Is there a difference between GPA and AGP?
    Or do I forget something.

Tom

Let's sum it up:

1. You've bought a G5 PowerMac with nVidia card (that's supported in OSX but not in MorphOS)
    2. The standard PC Radeon 9250 from your Pegasos won't work (and so will every standard PC Radeon, except for - maybe - the R500 based AGP cards)
    3. You've bought a standard PC Radeon 9600XT AGP and suprisingly enough - it didn't work?

You need either:

a. a genuine Apple PPC ROM Radeon AGP gfx card (like the one you've been offered in a PM)
    b. a reflashed (with Apple PPC ROM) standard PC AGP Radeon (you can try to reflash the ones you've got - with any luck you may succeed)
    c. a R500 based standard PC AGP Radeon gfx card (but there's no option to enter Open Firmware or Apple boot menu)

You definitely don't want a reflashed PC 9600, these almost never work correctly.
    Although the 9250 could be modified, it takes more work than an R300 card.
    And while I do have a flashed 9800 in my G4 that works well, I still don't recommend flashed card to MorphOS users.

Also I'm pretty sure I specified an Apple 9600, 9800 or X800XT.
    All card before the (ie the X1950Pro or X1600) require an Apple rom in order to boot.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »11.02.18 - 00:12