Error on compiling DuneLegacy (0.96.1 BETA)
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    eliot
    Perhaps enabling c++11 helps? -std=c++11
    regards
    eliot
  • »14.02.17 - 19:04
    beworld
    ok with GCC 5 :-)
    IMac G5 2.1,PowerBook G4 1.5,MacMini 1.5, PowerMac G5 2.7 died !!!
    My MOS ports
  • »14.02.17 - 20:54
    Profile Visit Website
    eliot
    Quote:

beworld wrote:
    ok with GCC 5 :-)

?
    regards
    eliot
  • »15.02.17 - 09:44
    beworld
    this command -std=c++11 work only with GCC 5 included in SDK.
    And in deed, i cant compile DuneLegacy with GCC 4 now :-)

I work on 0.96.4 fusion (no SDL2) if i can :-) and network.
    My MOS ports
  • »15.02.17 - 13:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    @koszer

I can't confirm that. With latest version on Atridies campaign all seem ok to the campaign map (I passed two levels and check them both on screen).

You're right. I've tried to reproduce that and it seems I must have clicked LMB (then the animations speed up), otherwise everything is OK.

P.S. The computer opponent seems quite tough to beat. It doesn't anymore send its troops to certain death as soon as he produces them - this time it amasses them and sends after you in deadly waves. I'm struggling at fourth level playing Atreides...
  • »16.02.17 - 18:02
    Cool_amigaN
    @koszer

I just came by to let you know that I reproduced it by clicking lmb, lol :) Anyway, so far so good :) About the game AI, it is brutal. Nothing similar to the original Dune (imho, it's better to have stronger opponents though). It is configured by default on highest difficult level (at game's options) and you can't reduce it if you have started a campaign. You must select another difficulty level and then restart the campaign. I was also stuck on 4 level with Atreides and ultimately I 've given up. Restarted the campaign but also on Medium difficulty the AI is really strong.

@beworld

Hey man, I checked latest windows version of Dune Legacy and they have this awesome HD scaller (someone recreated the original graphics in HD but due to copyright issues he couldn't upload them as standalone, instead they are used as a "mask" on the game's options). Any chance we get this feature as well? Or is SDL 2 specific?
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »16.02.17 - 20:49
    Profile Visit Website
    beworld
    Last version is SDL 2 yes.
    My MOS ports
  • »17.02.17 - 05:47
    Profile Visit Website
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Like Cool_amigaN I get this screen flickering at 800x600, but at 1024x768 and above it's running without glitches. Very nice to have port! :-)

Argh this game is hard!! No chance at the 4th level (Ordos, medium difficulty). :-D
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »19.02.17 - 12:35
    beworld
    I try to make a version just before the SDL2 transformation :
    But it's long work....

ChangeLog :
    version 0.96.4alpha1
    * New AI Smart Bot and Quant Bot
    * New key bindings: Cycle through construction yards with 'H' and factories with 'F'
    * Improve performance of Fog of War
    * Units can now be instructed to find the next repair yard on their own
    * New game option "Manual Carryall Drops"
    * Bugfix (Bug 3610246): Mentat help used wrong houses (Thanks to kuffar for reporting that bug)
    My MOS ports
  • »20.02.17 - 08:36
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    @ernsteiswuerfel

The basic strategy for the game is the following: build windtrap -> 3 x refiniries (return harvesters back even not full in order to speed up production, while building scout the map for spice areas / blow dunes to reveal more spice) -> light factory (upgrade only in first levels to attack with trikes if necessary) -> radar -> heavy factory (build 3 x harvesters) -> 2nd heavy factory (enqueue 10xcombat tanks per each factory) -> High Tech (Build 1 carryall to speed up transfer of harvesters back and forth to increase spice).

Till this point do not use concretes and lose time when building and do not build additional windtraps to power up the radar (AI might start attacking when radar is detected as power on). If facing atreides' ornthiopters upgrade heavy factory and produce missile launchers. Once you have at least 15 combat tanks and secured the defense (set tank's group with ctrl+1 hotkey and check "area guard" on them), build repair center, 2nd carryall. Then you can power up the radar and build a Starport (in later stages by also upgrading your construction yard first).

Barracks, walls, gun/rocket turrets are basically useless along with the special units of the houses. Strong/sufficient amount of tanks will annihilate the enemy.

I have finished the game already with Atreides and Ordos on medium difficulty (with new AI). Hard level is way too unfair. Just rush at the enemy you see that it starts with a fully populated base, builds fast and attacks without losing a split second.
  • »20.02.17 - 10:56
    Profile Visit Website
    beworld
    After a lot of work....

I realize a new version in SDL 1 based on last commit (2017-02-12) :

I name this version 0.96.5b MOS Edition :-) (between 0.96.3 and last commit 0.97.0)

DuneLegacy 0.96.5b MorphOS Edition

No multiplayer and no HD... see changelog

[ Edité par beworld 09.03.2017 - 21:06 ]
    My MOS ports
  • »09.03.17 - 20:05
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    @beworld

The game on last mission of the expansion (Super Dune / 3 extra houses) unfortunately crawls. I assume that's because there is no unit limit. The dlow down effects to being completely unplayed are noticeable as soon as you start producing aerial units (especially a lot of orthinopters). Regretfully I had to reside a PC to finish the game on this particular stages. Above on PMAC 3.1, G4 1.6Ghz, 1.5GB Ram, Radeon 9800 256MB, MOS 3.9.

Give it a go yourself through skirmish, choose Sardoukar, play last mission (I think is 22 or 23)..
  • »11.04.17 - 17:07
    Profile Visit Website
    beworld
    i test but no promess :(
    I play a lot with this game, and in certain condition.... i have same problem (crawls...)

I will test this level to see.
    My MOS ports
  • »11.04.17 - 19:33
    Profile Visit Website