• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I'd really like Calimero to be a fully operational program, and the usability of Excel importation/saving would be a great addition, but it's current basic usability is not stable or standardised in virtually any way, so it's not ready yet, sadly.............

Carsten 'pegasos-sigi2' has a lot of enthusiasm for his program(s), but implementation is key, and that seems to me to be where Calimero is lacking the structure it needs.

These points seem to be being overlooked again, and again, and until each element is fixed, before moving onto 'fudging' the next addition to Calimero the longer this unfortunate situation will prevail. I hate to be the one to say this, but it needs to be said by someone if the program is to get on the right track to improve.

I understand your frustration and have seen your many attempts to provide constructive criticism, hoping that Carsten will work on the problems you have pointed out, but it appears to me that he only gets more stubborn and defensive after reading your reviews of his progress (or lack of progress, while adding other semi-supported features). I believe that Carsten's enthusiasm for his program is much more important than any lack of skill, or his different way of implementing features into Calimero. Without this enthusiasm, Carsten would surely give up on working on Calimero, as he certainly isn't doing it with the hopes for making a big pile of cash, once it is finished enough to release to the community. I don't think that Carsten will ever change his way of programming to fit into your opinion of what is standard, or acceptable methods of programming practice, and you will continue to beat your head against a brick wall, which doesn't do either of you any good.

I'm not saying that you should stop reviewing Calimero, or stop giving Carsten constructive criticism, but perhaps you should admit to yourself that Carsten will not listen to your criticism, unless it is presented in a very delicate way that he can digest. He does not appear to be a "typical" programmer, and I applaud your and others attempts to help him by providing constructive criticism. All I am saying is that the results don't seem to reflect the effort being put into trying to help, and maybe you can tweak the manner you present your criticism, because Carsten seems unable, or unwilling to accept your criticism, as it has been presented in the past (which is too bad, because I know that you and others are spending valuable time testing and writing your helpful criticism messages).

Edit: I realize that you have already toned down your criticism, in an attempt to help Carsten, but he continues to be defensive, and apparently unresponsive toward providing the fixes needed, which you have pointed out.

[ Edited by amigadave 03.11.2016 - 12:13 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »03.11.16 - 21:11