• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    A spreadsheet is a very complex program.
    And even the spreadsheet included in Open Office is no substitute for Excel.
    Trust me on that, I had Open Office on my PC, but I recently had the buy Office in order to obtain Excel.

So, no, there is no program like Excel, even if we were to port a open software spreadsheet, I'd still have to use my PC.

Interesting statement, what is it about Excel that you need, that is not present in the Open Office spreadsheet program, or any other spreadsheet programs you could have purchased (probably) cheaper?

I know that most, or all of the old Amiga 68k spreadsheet programs were limited in their capabilities, but this is the first time I have seen anyone comment that Excel was superior to most, or all other spreadsheet programs.

For the OP, I think that the 68k Amiga programs Turbo Calc and Final Calc, run acceptably directly on MorphOS, without needing to fire up UAE.

The first (maybe only) commercial Amiga program I had purchased for me as a gift by one of my family members was the spreadsheet program called "Advantage".
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »29.10.16 - 20:40