• MorphOS Developer
    geit
    I donĀ“t like the fact of having yet another file base, too. Aminet with his mos.aminet.net links or other filters works fine and has multiple servers as backup.

It will just make things more complicated for developers and users. Developers must upload their stuff to another source. This failed in the past. Even i failed the simple task to use the aminet upload function, even so i already have a proper .readme file for each archive. Call be lazy on that.

Users need to search another source for stuff missing on others.

The problem with MorphOSFiles is that Krashan basically left MorphOS as user and developer (from what I know). He left the lights on at MorphOSFiles, but who knowns for how long. In such case we will loose a great amount of software not available elsewhere.

MorphOSFile is a great way and maybe it is a good idea to contact Krashan to take over his work, even if that means moving it to another server.

Another "solution" would be to set up a global search engine instead of having (just) a new repository. So it would not matter where some archive get uploaded, it could be found on one spot. Without knowing about different repositories at all.

These are just my 50 cents about the topic.
  • »22.05.16 - 23:56