How to mount with NetFS revised?
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    Can someone please give a dummy instruction how to use it? I copied all files to the desired places on a WinUAE system and removed the "68k" extensions. Then I boot it but how can set the 'services' files etc.? Should I do that on the Windows side? Because in the AmigaOS environment there are no such files because it does not run a typical Amiga TCP/IP stack.

Okay, then I started the server on the WinUAE and the client on the MOrphOS side. When I assign the partition that I offered on winUAE, then MOS client tells me nothing, it seeems just to link the remote drive. But it does not show up on Ambient. When I want to access it the system says that this drive is not available. But it is listed in the assign list and I can not assign it a second time because it is already used.

What am I doing wrong? A step by step instruction for using each side as a server or client would be very nice.
  • »29.12.15 - 13:52
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Norbi
    On Morphos you can run the server and client netfs. This is a good test operation netfs

You must install on WinUAE TCP / IP stack (eg. Miami, AmiTCP)
  • »29.12.15 - 17:02
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Norbi wrote:
    You must install on WinUAE TCP / IP stack (eg. Miami, AmiTCP)

Seems that it isn't needed:
    https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=9&topic_id=11496&post_id=123652&viewmode=flat&sortorder=0&showonepost=1

[ Edited by jPV 29.12.2015 - 20:07 ]
  • »29.12.15 - 18:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    @ Norbi

"On Morphos you can run the server and client netfs"

This is obvious if you read the documentation and my post. What is not obvious is that some settings are not mentioned in the guide. So I asked for a step by step guide to make no mistakes.
  • »05.01.16 - 18:23