OWB and sites of anime streaming
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    I can't see pure Flash videos on legal streaming sites like popcorntv.it or daisuki.net

http://www.popcorntv.it

http://www.daisuki.net

I tried to spoof OWB as Safari, IPhone and IPad but with no results.

On Daisuki spoofing as IPad makes it appear the playing interface, but when playing site responds that it "could not resolve host name".

Insisting trying playing video it responmds:

"Unable to open itms-appss://itunes.apple.com etc., etc., blah, blah, unsupported protocol"

So there should be something to update in OWB to let it be spoofed better as IPad platform in order to let it be recognized properly.and play it as HTML5.

i remember that once there was a script to play Flash videos using MPlayer. I think it could do the trick of playing videos.on these sites.

Do you remember that script name and link?

Perhaps does it need some script editing to let it being usable on newer versions of OWB?

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte 05.01.2015 - 20:04 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »05.01.15 - 18:58
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > i remember that once there was a script to play Flash videos using MPlayer. I think it
    > could do the trick of playing videos.on these sites.

There is no such universal script. Support for each video site has to be added individually, which in most cases is not trivial.
  • »05.01.15 - 20:57
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    Oh, that's no good.
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »06.01.15 - 01:16
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    {UPDATE]

Guillaume Boesel 'zzd10h', compiler of SMTube for AmigaOS discovered that:

1) Daisuki site videos are stored on Youtube

2) PopcornTV.it can be viewed with AmigaOS, SMTube and mPlayer.

Now it will be interesting to see if there is some trick to do for MorphOS too...

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum/viewtopic.php?post_id=95223#forumpost95223
  • »16.01.15 - 21:52
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    This comment is not to do with anime sites, but is related to a problem I have noticed with OWB, but only on my Powerbook, not on my Mac Mini MorphOS system.

When I choose the context menu over an object/link on a webpage I get offered quite a few options, such as open link in a new window, open link in a new tab, and open link in a background tab, but the one that surprises me is that there is a menu for "visualiser le fichier pdf", which if I understand correctly allows you to "view the PDF file", but my cursor is not hovering over a PDF file, so why do I get this spurious menu, and why is it in French when I am using the English language profile/settings/locale?

I also can't see how I can activate the top menu to be visible at all times, for File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, etc..Can anyone tell me how to enable this for the Powerbook, because for me, it is really irritating that I cannot view this as a matter of normal use, and OWB does not offer this functionality by default it seems for the Powerbook, which is contrary for the MacMini.

I thought all the versions of OWB worked basically the same, but are there nuances that I should be more aware of for the Powerbook?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »21.01.15 - 00:59
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > why do I get this spurious menu, and why is it in French when I am using
    > the English language profile/settings/locale?

Because it's a custom menu you added by installing Pack Chrysalis.
  • »21.01.15 - 07:57
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    @ NewSense

Your inquiry is a topic that must be dealt into OWB bugs thread and/or OWB requests/Todo thread.
  • »21.01.15 - 10:09
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > why do I get this spurious menu, and why is it in French when I am using
    > the English language profile/settings/locale?

Because it's a custom menu you added by installing Pack Chrysalis.

So, if that is the case, then how is this custom menu returned to the menu as originally intended by FAB, as I don't see a specific file that can be edited to do so?

What does not make logical sense from what you have said is that this option does not appear when I use OWB 1.24 on my Mac Mini MOS v3.7 registered system, which also has the Chrysalis Pack installed. Besides which I installed OWB v1.24 after the Chrysalis Pack had been installed so I would have thought it would have overridden any config/setting that could affect this menu option that the Chrysalis Pack has allegedly 'tinkered' with.

Additionally why is it offering this PDF option as it does not seem to available in the MIME types, and it is recognising this file with an incorrect option anyway?

Any useable help you can offer with the other issues I mentioned,specifically the top below-window-border menu that I mentioned, as options with MUI itself do not seem to fix this issue?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »21.01.15 - 23:45
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Raf_MegaByte wrote:
    @ NewSense

Your inquiry is a topic that must be dealt into OWB bugs thread and/or OWB requests/Todo thread.

It's all very well saying that this issue should be placed in the OWB Bugs thread, but I was the last person to raise any issue in that thread on 11th September 2014, and there has been no update/response to that query since that date.

So what's the point? :-(
  • »21.01.15 - 23:49
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    So what's the point? :-(

The 'issues' you raised in this thread are not OWB bugs at all.

This PDF contextmenu entry is a CUSTOM menu entry that was added by Chrysalis pack (at some point), so if you don't like it, just remove it from Settings->Contextmenu list.

Regarding your toplevel menu issue, OWB doesn't enforce anything, it just follows your MUI configuration, be it on mac mini, powerbook, pegasos or whatever. I believe you didn't configure MUI the same way on your machines, but if the problem persists, then it would rather be a MUI issue somehow.

[ Edited by Fab 21.01.2015 - 23:59 ]
  • »21.01.15 - 23:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Hi Fab,

Many thanks for your quick response, and advice to remove this option, which I obviously don't want or need, so I will check as you have indicated, and get the matter resolved, hopefully without any problem. If I do I'll mention it here in this thread.

Did you have any observations or comments on the other matters I raised in the OWB bugs thread in September 2014?

So, regarding the main menu option. I installed MUI through, as part of the MOS installation, though having installed the Chrysalis Pack at some point will this have changed how MUI works in this way?

I tried to change the option in MUI, that I thought would affect it so that it would work as it does on my Mac Mini, and I know MUI has a lot of options, and this situation may not really be anything to do with your work on OWB, from what you have said, but do you have any idea why or how to change the top menu back so that it displays permanently at the top of the OWB window as:

Project Edit View History Bookmarks Windows Settings

As it also does on my 2 Mac Mini MOS installations, which, as far as I am aware, I have not done anything differently than I did while installing my Powerbook with MOS and the Chrysalis Pack.
  • »22.01.15 - 00:58
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Jeckel
    MUI applications won't display their menu by default; they follow the "Amiga way", where menus are displayed on the title bar only on request, by holding down the menu (2nd) mouse button.

By configuring MUI, you can enforce the menu display in the MUI window, for every MUI application (global MUI prefs), or just for selected ones (application MUI prefs). But it's up to you to configure this atypic behavior regarding traditional Amiga look & feel normally used on MorphOS.

Also, note that this alien menu configuration in only available for MUI-based applications.

[ Edited by Jeckel 22.01.2015 - 09:23 ]
  • »22.01.15 - 08:21
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > do you have any idea [...] how to change the top menu back so that it displays permanently
    > at the top of the OWB window

Settings -> MUI -> Menus -> Appearance -> Below Window Title Bar
  • »22.01.15 - 23:45
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Thanks all, very helpful, as usual
  • »23.01.15 - 03:30