Calimero Forum
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Thanks a lot for this new update !

It will be possible to change font size, object size and rotation of objet with molette mouse ?

Undo/Redo fonction ?

Fontsize work. But not with a mouse.
    The oher things are at "toDo" List.
    Undo/Redo is hevea to code. This comes (if yes) in a beta of Calimero.
    Spreedy - The spreedsheet editor of MorphOS
    Calimero - Do you know about the new DTP Program for MorphOS ?
  • »01.12.14 - 15:04
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    New Version: Calimero 0.4

New:

+ No more memory eating at start time
    + Drawing shapes
    + Add texture handling to object renderer
    + Add line dashes
    + Add dash_mcc mui class to draw dashes in the gui
    + Update gui

Screenshot of new features: calimero_0.4.jpg

The object and text interface of calimero is nearly finished. So i start at next time with the
    import / exportmodules and print interface.

I hope i finished a little present for you before christmas time comes. ;)
  • »07.12.14 - 14:12
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    New Version: Calimero 0.5

New in this version:

Many many many features:

+ PDF export Business letter made with Calimero 0.5
    + Header/Footer support now includet in exportmanager (see my demo pdf)
    + Printing support with includet header/footer support (Only postscript printer supportet)

+ New Drawing features
    + Support of vectortext (see screenshot)
    + Multiselect of vector drawing objects
    + Add / Remove Vector drawing objects
    + Moving / Scaling / Rotating of Vector drawing objects
    + Add / Remove / Change of texture of objects

The Screenshot calimero_0.5_a.jpg shows The new drawing feature / Header / Footer of calimero

+ Support of multi columns (See the next screenshot (calimero_0.5_b.jpg)

The screenshot shows a page with two column. Calimero manage individual number of columns for every page.

calimero_0.5_c.jpg
    The last screenshot shows a page with three column.

+ Save project as CALD - File.

ToDo:

+ Load a CALD - File
    + Many many Loader / Exporter are missing...
  • »14.12.14 - 15:31
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Why does the text seem to be 'bleeding' into/underneath the footer of the page, in the screenshots - calimero_0.5_b.jpg & calimero_0.5_c.jpg?

I know this is only an alpha, but surely such issues should be fixed before moving onto the next idea you intend to implement, and ideally before you show such new releases, which have inherent problems still troubling them, and need fixing.

I want you to succeed, I really do, but surely your intention should be to fix such problems before you reveal a new version you've created that still has issues/bugs as this looks pretty bad, to me, and probably to other 'onlookers' / watchers of your work.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »14.12.14 - 23:39
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Why does the text seem to be 'bleeding' into/underneath the footer of the page, in the screenshots - calimero_0.5_b.jpg & calimero_0.5_c.jpg?

I know this is only an alpha, but surely such issues should be fixed before moving onto the next idea you intend to implement, and ideally before you show such new releases, which have inherent problems still troubling them, and need fixing.

I want you to succeed, I really do, but surely your intention should be to fix such problems before you reveal a new version you've created that still has issues/bugs as this looks pretty bad, to me, and probably to other 'onlookers' / watchers of your work.

Do you see the scrollbar on the right side of TextInput ?
    What it doese?
    It is possible to scroll Text up and down, if the textinput is greater than the Textwindow.
    Its no bug. Its a feature.
  • »15.12.14 - 16:49
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    sergius
    Hi pegasos-sigi2,

I have trouble to create a document with some pages.

It seems pages dont have limit numbre of rows. Wee can do 100 rows page. This is strange.

Will you add a feature to auto detect the need of a breakpage?

Thank you.
  • »15.12.14 - 21:25
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    Quote:

sergius wrote:
    Hi pegasos-sigi2,

I have trouble to create a document with some pages.

It seems pages dont have limit numbre of rows. Wee can do 100 rows page. This is strange.

Will you add a feature to auto detect the need of a breakpage?

Thank you.

Calimero is developed to write EBOOKS , too. So it is possible to write large pages and short ones in a EBOOK. It is bad to limited the number of rows at one page, but i can put in a check button to make a soft pagebreak posssible.
  • »16.12.14 - 15:16
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

pegasos-sigi2 wrote:
    Do you see the scrollbar on the right side of Text Input ?
    What it does?
    It is possible to scroll Text up and down, if the text input is greater than the Text window.
    It's no bug. It's a feature.

Hi Carsten, thanks for your reply, but I am not sure if it is as you describe what I am trying to explain.

So here goes, in the screenshot - calimero_0.5_b.jpg the right hand column I see the text "Note: if your firmware doesn't r", and then there seems to be a "white area" - looks like a 'footer' line followed by a short distance lower the word/figures - "Westerxxxx den 14.12.14" which led me to believe that was part of the footer, as the letters seem to be barely visible, just part of the 'ascenders' visible.

I can see there is a scrollbar to the right, but the image seems to indicate what I have described. If this is not the case and the areas I have mentioned are part of a document, and the lower section part of the GUI then I would then be mistaken, but it really doesn't look like that. So I hope to hear back from you with some clarification. Sorry if this takes you away from programming this software.

Obviously the same applies to the left hand column also - but I'm just describing this one side, and see if we then understand one another correctly) ;-)

I haven't had much luck in using/trying out Calimero v0.5 as it keeps crashing, and offering up some System error. I even got to a point where the whole GUI basically just disappeared on me, and I thought it had some sort of 'cloaking device' built-in as all I could see of the GUI was the shadow of the border edges of the GUI, no backdrop of the GUI, no gadgets, just the 'spooky' shadow. I then clicked where I thought the 'close' device would be and the 'shadow' disappeared/closed ........ weird, or what !

I think I'll leave it alone for a while and let you make some significant progress with this program before I give it a ttry out again, as it's just too flaky for me at the moment.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »17.12.14 - 02:45
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Quote:

pegasos-sigi2 wrote:
    Do you see the scrollbar on the right side of Text Input ?
    What it does?
    It is possible to scroll Text up and down, if the text input is greater than the Text window.
    It's no bug. It's a feature.

Hi Carsten, thanks for your reply, but I am not sure if it is as you describe what I am trying to explain.

I read your answer, but i think you don't understand how Calimero works.
    I try to explain the workflow of Calimero:

Header / Footer in Calimero: Two strictly seperated Texteditors, addet to the main Texteditor.
    It's impossible to override text from the main to the one addet editors.
    At the bottom all editors are open end. That means hunderts of rows are possible.
    The "emty row" you see ontop of of the footer is a settable top margin.
    Go to the settings and change the value in "margin top", and show what it changes.

The jpeg "calimero_0.5_b" shows the Readme of MorphOS. This file is much greater than
    the window, so you can scroll with the scrollbar or with the mouse wheel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Calimero crash, please send me the error-log or other.
    Please tell me what other program runs beside Calimero if it crash.
    Other i can't find out the reason, why it crash.
  • »17.12.14 - 20:00
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Hi Carsten, thanks for your explanation, and I think I understand what the program is functioning like, but I don't really understand why you would have a separate footer, and header from a typed page, as how is each page supposed to print out with a specific header and footer amongst the text in some sort of free-form and moving with the main body of the text, as it seems that the text formatting is not defined and entered in a set page format such as A4? How would you use such a Header/Footer system if it does not align with the top, and bottom of a page. I have never heard of such a system before - if I understand you correctly.

Also, I would send you the error messages but the system froze on my Mac Mini I tried typing some text into the GUI window, then I changed the background to the last one of the window images in the list - Zami.png, then clicked USE, and carried on typing only to find that the text then disappeared in the window, then the program as I tried to save whatever I had typed went into 'meditating' mode and then soon afterwards unceremoniously locked up the whole of MOS v3.7, so I had to reboot my Mac Mini from the power on button, which is quite rare to occur. Also I should add that there were no programs running in the background, apart from my usual WBStartup utilities, such as gTranslator, Clonck, Crabum, Wetter, etc, as supplied in the Chrysalis packs.

I am not going to try your program out again, well not for a while, until others report some sort of stability, and usefulness, as it just crashes all too frequently, and in such a way that I cannot even get the error message information on many of the occasions, as the system just locks-up/freezes.
  • »17.12.14 - 23:21
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:

WBStartup utilities, such as gTranslator, Clonck, Crabum, Wetter, etc, as supplied in the Chrysalis packs.

I am not going to try your program out again, well not for a while, until others report some sort of stability, and usefulness, as it just crashes all too frequently, and in such a way that I cannot even get the error message information on many of the occasions, as the system just locks-up/freezes.

You have the Crysalis pack installed ?
    If yes , Thats the reason !

I have a clean MorphOS 3.7 Installation, with min. Crash level. Every minimal NULL pointer access
    ends up with a Crash. But Calimero didn't crash at all on my MacMini 1.5.
  • »18.12.14 - 19:52
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Hi Carsten, there is no other program that seems to conflict with anything from the Chrysalis pack that I have installed - other than Calimero, with MorphOS v3.7.

If you are going to blame the Chrysalis pack on the problem then I feel you are giving up, and it seems making an excuse for your program not working correctly.

The issue seemed to be affected by changing a MUI gadget/prefs file, and that has nothing to do with the Chrysalis pack. I think you are sadly making excuses for some part of your code not working correctly, but of course it is up to you to decide if you want to check your own code for errors / conflicts / bugs - not me.

Besides which, you can hardly expect anyone to be using MorphOS without some customisation, and usually/generally that is going to be the Chrysalis Pack. I for one wouldn't be without it, as it definitely enhances the visual appearance and functionality of MorphOS, well at least, it does for me, and by the number of MOS users that download it, I would have to say you're likely to be in the minority.

So your efforts should, as much as possible, ensure it works with background tasks that are installed with the Chrysalis Pack. In any case, these programs are all generally MOS system friendly, as far as I am aware, and as I have already said they have not caused me any problems/crashes, even when running older 68k programs through Trance.

I really feel it can only be something in your code as I have no other issues with other MOS programs, and don't forget your program is only at an early alpha stage anyway. These other programs / enhancements that are in the Chrysalis pack have been tried/tested by many users for a good few years generally. So if there was a problem with one or more then they would have been fixed by the programmer or taken out of the Chrysalis Pack by the distributor, don't you agree?

I hope you manage to track down the issue, but I'm avoiding testing it any more for the time being, as I just end up getting lock-up, crash, error or whatever, and that usually means a restart of my MOS system, which I don't get with any other program during my daily use of my MOS system.

Anyway, I wish you a peaceful, and meaningful Merry Christmas, and much success for the New Year 2015. :-D
  • »18.12.14 - 21:58
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Hi Carsten, there is no other program that seems to conflict with anything from the Chrysalis pack that I have installed - other than Calimero, with MorphOS v3.7.

If you send me no error messages, I can not help you.
    Calimero is working correctly for me.

Info: it's known, that Crysalis install old soft with old mui-classes / obsolet librarys.
    Why do you not use Grunch ?? It dose the same but better.

Once again: Calimero is alpha, but in my source code is not a crash -bug. I test my program itself constantly

[ Edited by pegasos-sigi2 19.12.2014 - 15:10 ]
  • »19.12.14 - 13:09
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Hello Carsten,

if there are incompatibilities between Chrysalis and Calimero, could you give me a list of files incompatibles so that i will remove them of the pack please ?

Thanks a lot!

[ Edité par Papiosaur 19.12.2014 - 17:01 ]
  • »19.12.14 - 15:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Hello Carsten,

if there are incompatibilities between Chrysalis and Calimero, could you give me a list of files incompatibles so that i will remove them of the pack please ?

Thanks a lot!

[ Edité par Papiosaur 19.12.2014 - 17:01 ]

I send a list if i investigate the Chrysalis iso.
  • »19.12.14 - 18:58