• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Hi Carsten, there is no other program that seems to conflict with anything from the Chrysalis pack that I have installed - other than Calimero, with MorphOS v3.7.

If you are going to blame the Chrysalis pack on the problem then I feel you are giving up, and it seems making an excuse for your program not working correctly.

The issue seemed to be affected by changing a MUI gadget/prefs file, and that has nothing to do with the Chrysalis pack. I think you are sadly making excuses for some part of your code not working correctly, but of course it is up to you to decide if you want to check your own code for errors / conflicts / bugs - not me.

Besides which, you can hardly expect anyone to be using MorphOS without some customisation, and usually/generally that is going to be the Chrysalis Pack. I for one wouldn't be without it, as it definitely enhances the visual appearance and functionality of MorphOS, well at least, it does for me, and by the number of MOS users that download it, I would have to say you're likely to be in the minority.

So your efforts should, as much as possible, ensure it works with background tasks that are installed with the Chrysalis Pack. In any case, these programs are all generally MOS system friendly, as far as I am aware, and as I have already said they have not caused me any problems/crashes, even when running older 68k programs through Trance.

I really feel it can only be something in your code as I have no other issues with other MOS programs, and don't forget your program is only at an early alpha stage anyway. These other programs / enhancements that are in the Chrysalis pack have been tried/tested by many users for a good few years generally. So if there was a problem with one or more then they would have been fixed by the programmer or taken out of the Chrysalis Pack by the distributor, don't you agree?

I hope you manage to track down the issue, but I'm avoiding testing it any more for the time being, as I just end up getting lock-up, crash, error or whatever, and that usually means a restart of my MOS system, which I don't get with any other program during my daily use of my MOS system.

Anyway, I wish you a peaceful, and meaningful Merry Christmas, and much success for the New Year 2015. :-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »18.12.14 - 22:58