• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

connor wrote:
    THanks for the clarification to understand that missing features in MorphOs are the problem and not OWB itself. Though it is a very annyoing problem because I so often get OWB crashes or better to say: "asking" to crash or to quit because it cannot reserve 5 or 8MB although I still have 300 or 400 MB of free RAM. This disturbs working with OWB many times a day because I have to quit and reload many times. Is there sure nothing that can be done about it? I understand it when RAM is full but not when it is only half full and still hundreds of MB free so the requested size would fit 40 or 50 times in the still free area.

Are you sure it's saying it's because of the memory needs but not for other reason? What does it say in the requester? Because I for example get similar requesters with "assertion failed" text after trashing the memory with SimpleMail/68k :) With a quick look it looks like out of memory requester, but it isn't :) Luckily we now have better MorphOS port of SM and I haven't seen those OWB requesters anymore...
  • »05.11.14 - 10:53
    Profile Visit Website