• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    Quote:

Raf_MegaByte wrote:
    Yes it is a shame as I pay taxes to make online videos from my national broadcast availble to any platform, but so the world goes on...

Ah, but the broadcaster's hands are often tied by Hollywood, FIFA, UEFA, etc that all demand their content to be DRMed and/or available only to specific IP ranges (geolocation). So don't whine at your broadcaster - whine at UEFA or FIFA, etc - best to ignore big football alltogether ;) and stop watching Hollywood productions.

If their players were built a couple of years ago, only Silverlight was able to provide a DRM accepted by Hollywood companies, etc.

In the truth it is no problem, as sports events and many fiction is DIRECTLY NOT AVAILABLE online by the broadcaster....

As long as RAI is STATE BROADCASTER and payed by taxes by us citizens, I'd like that the streaming online platform should be opensourced and not monopolized by Silverlight only software...

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte 02.11.2014 - 14:53 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »02.11.14 - 13:52