• MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

pegasos-sigi2 wrote:
    1.) If i implement the standart, i can't find any think in the ebookmap-files.
    In the toc.nzx exists only one entry.
    The whole file with the maps, was not listed.
    It exists only in the listening of archive contents.
    If i follow the standart, i found only the cover, not the maps.
    The file is EPUB 2.0 so it must exist a NZX-File with the table of contents.
    Only if a reader have a fall back, and it search in the "content.opf" ( != Standart),
    i find the loosing file.

There is only one entry required in nav ncx to be valid. It is ment to "nav"igate, not to properly build books. Thats what spine (hence the name) is for, it defines the relevant files required for the backbone of the book.

The real way is using the manifest to grab all relevant files and types.
    The spine section in OPF contains all files with relevant content to be displayed. In this case title page and html id references. These IDs represent the files in manifest having the same ids.

This will lead you to exactly two files:
    titlepage.xhtml and ebookmap45.html

The latter contains all required entries which src argument leads to all the images. It is surrounded by tons of <div> sections, but thats what you get when dealing with html, xml and css. There is no need to cheat around to get the images as they are listed in manifest and reappear as image links in the main html file.

Note:

Just a note as I got time to test your tool. It reports all my epubs (which I created from src html file using calibre to prove-read them on my ipad ibook reader) as DRMed, which is impossible, as I created them.

No clue how you detect DRM, but an archive which contains human readable utf-8 files is unlikly DRMed.
  • »21.09.14 - 23:00