• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    The "blocks" are not LF/CR. They are UTF-8 Chars with the hexnumber "0xE28093"
    They are unprintable by cairo. They are special versions of the char "-".
    I must filter them.

Image/Text mixing between pages are known. Its a bug .
    But ia have minimal time to develope.

The cuting of top/bottom on pages are known bug.
    The scrolling (The reason) is on my toDo List.

Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    There are definitely some major improvements to this Alpha version 0.4 of your epub reader - the biggest step I have noticed, but there are some pieces of text being 'lost' in the process of displaying them.

The Woman in White seems to have most if not all of the text displayed, but the paragraph formatting seems to have been compromised, and there are 'blocks' - [] that seem to indicate that the LF/CR character code is being displayed instead of a character 'space', but this is more of a niggle than anything else - just something to 'tidy up'.

Images seem to display though some text is being shown over some of the images, making it difficult to read some of the text, which is another 'concern' - but the images are shown in both colour and black and white and do not seem to show any image corruption/break-up, so that is another good improvement. This seems to happen when you change the font size after the 'epub' has been already loaded, if I am not mistaken

I downloaded the Classic English novel Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, but from Chapter 2 - The Pool of Tears - the section of text from the last part of the chapter has got 'lost'

" cats: nasty, low, vulgar things! Don't let me hear the name again!'

`I won't indeed!' said Alice, in a great hurry to change the subject of conversation. `Are you--are you fond--of--of dogs?' The Mouse did not answer, so Alice went on eagerly: `There is such a nice little dog near our house I should like to show you! A little bright-eyed terrier, you know, with oh, such long curly brown hair! And it'll fetch things when you throw them, and it'll sit up and beg for its dinner, and all sorts of things--I can't remember half of them--and it belongs to a farmer, you know, and he says it's so useful, it's worth a hundred pounds! He says it kills all the rats and--oh dear!' cried Alice in a sorrowful tone, `I'm afraid I've offended it again!' For the Mouse was swimming away from her as hard as it could go, and making quite a commotion in the pool as it went.

So she called softly after it, `Mouse dear! Do come back again, and we won't talk about cats or dogs either, if you don't like them!' When the Mouse heard this, it turned round and swam slowly back to her: its face was quite pale (with passion, Alice thought), and it said in a low trembling voice, `Let us get to the shore, and then I'll tell you my history, and you'll understand why it is I hate cats and dogs.'

It was high time to go, for the pool was getting quite crowded with the birds and animals that had fallen into it: there were a Duck and a Dodo, a Lory and an Eaglet, and several other curious creatures. Alice led the way, and the whole party swam to the shore."

This problems is likely to happen with other 'epub books' but I have not had time to check more pages on this subject as yet - just noriced it with this book, so thought I would mention it now.

The scrolling issue that has also been mentioned by defender I also noticed, as it would be great to be able to use the page down/up keys to move within that field/area of text.

The TOP and BOTTOM of the page still seem to be cut short, as the top (at the top of the page) and bottom (at the bottom of the page) of the letters/characters are being 'chopped off' and you cannot scroll to the very last line of text in some instances, which needs fixing.

Great improvement over the last version, and looking forward to the next one. ;-)
    Spreedy - The spreedsheet editor of MorphOS
    Calimero - Do you know about the new DTP Program for MorphOS ?
  • »14.09.14 - 17:57