• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

pegasos-sigi2 wrote:
    here is a problem: I get no such error messages.
    I have a MacMini 1.5 G4 and PowerBook G4 1667.
    I have a pure CD installation.
    I test my program on both computers.
    Please give me more information about your system.
    Is the Pack Kryalis installed?
    Do you have something in MOSSYS: changed?

Hi Carsten,

My signature tells you most about my Mac Mini system, I basically have a MOS v3.7 system, as it is installed from the CD, with the add-on Chrysalis pack installed - which is updated from version MOS 3.2, and the files kept updated via Grunch, and other files I add every so often, but none to the system files - APART from - the Printer Beta that Zukow is still working on, which I have had to install manually into the relevant directories.

That is my system, which works quite stably, though SCANdal does have some issues with the USB system that have not been fixed as yet, but I was not running or had run that program when I ran epub-reader, so that was certainly not a contributor to these errors.

I usually have some music playing, and so use Jukebox for that, which is system based, and possibly OWB 1.24 was also running in the background, but when I ran epub-reader that was the only foreground program that I was running when I got the error messages.

I think I also tried the program from a fresh restart but got the same errors, though I will do that again, and make sure.

The 'special' version you made available did load the Archie comic file, and the Woman in White - BUT with the same issues I have already mentioned, lots of text missing from each paragraph/page/chapter. The Marvel Comics 'book cover' did load, and the title in the heading information, but the actual comic itself, the pages/images, did not load at all, BUT I did not get any error messages - well not for the moment. 8-D

Maybe some of the issues that Geit has mentioned are applicable to solve/fix the errors that are making epub-reader unstable on systems other than yours, which you say is not exhibiting these issues.

I should also mention that, unlike many other programs I use on MorphOS, epub-reader, and some of your other programs, like Scriba, do not seem to use the 'Intuition' side of the OS as intuitively as other program do. What I mean is that when I open a file in a specific directory, and then want to open another file, epub-reader 'loses' where it last read a file, and reverts back to its root directory, so you have to go and locate the directory you want to access all over again, which seems counter-productive to making a program as efficient as possible, while utilising all the 'intelligent' features of MorphOS, much of which has been inherited from Amiga OS.

Thanks for your quick reply, and still wish you success in resolving these issues.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »03.09.14 - 14:58