MorphOS 2.0: Collective thread for first small problems
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    Thank you Jambalah.

The Euro symbol and other special symbols are contained only in a number of fonts. Of course they will not appear when other fonts are used.

Unfortunately pc105_i_new does not solve all the problems. This is a relevant sentence of jacadcaps (Jacek Piszczek jr of the MorphOS-Team):

Although you can still use old-style keymaps, they do not contain a lot of extended info (unicode support, etc).

[ Edited by DoctorMorbius_FP on 2008/7/13 2:16 ]
    Powered by PegasosII-G4, MacMini, PowerMac MDD.
  • »13.07.08 - 02:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Jambalah
    Mistery with Sputnik...
    I was configuring Sputnik here in 2.0, trying to add other fast-link buttons.
    When I pressed "Save" button to confirm my setting, not only I discovered Sputnik didn't save anything but it freezed too.
    I started it again and I realised that the fonts setting was stored in the default mode: The changes I made were disappeared...
    I'm editing this post with Sputnik after I tried to configure it again. Same story. I added 3 new buttons an it freezed.
    No way to find my changes after re-start. :-?
    What's happened??? I erased the Core.cfg in HTML folder and I tried again with similar effect.
    Last chance, I erased the whole Sputnik folder and copied again from 2.0 MOS CD. I tried the set-up and again :-?
    I have no idea about doing something else..
    ?????
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »14.07.08 - 19:39
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    Quote:

Power down (shutdown) does not work on (my) Pegasos 1 (April1).

and it will never work. Peg1 limitations.
  • »14.07.08 - 22:09
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    SixK
    We have found why Mos2 refresh is slow with Peg1.

Seem's that poseidon slow down Peg1 when a PCI USB2 card is plugged in...

Graphical functions are about 2 times slower than with mos 1.4.5 using an USB2 card.

SixK
  • »14.07.08 - 23:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    DamageX
    1) The little text bubbles that pop up when the mouse cursor is placed over an icon under Ambient often get stuck on, and cause mouse clicks to be ignored. Is there a way to turn them off?

2) what is an easy-to-use FTP client that works under MorphOS?

3) when the monitor is detected as "31KHz monitor" why is 800x600x50hz the default mode? Is there a standard VGA monitor somewhere that actually supports such a strange mode?
  • »15.07.08 - 07:24
    Profile Visit Website
    stephen_robinson
    How do you play CDs? I can play individual tracks using Mulitview, but not the whole thing easily, is there a 3rd party program that plays them all?

edited to add:
    Mplayer works alright, but lacks anything to skip tracks/stop the bloomin' thing, anything else I could try?

[ Edited by stephen_robinson on 2008/7/19 19:45 ]
  • »19.07.08 - 20:41
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    ThePlayer
    Try MOSCD Player from Aminet.
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 running UWQHD Resolution
  • »19.07.08 - 21:07
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

DamageX wrote:
    1) The little text bubbles that pop up when the mouse cursor is placed over an icon under Ambient often get stuck on, and cause mouse clicks to be ignored. Is there a way to turn them off?

Or at least to make them behave differently?
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »19.07.08 - 21:32
    stephen_robinson
    Quote:

ThePlayer wrote:
    Try MOSCD Player from Aminet.

Dosn't seem to work, can't access CD-Rom unit 0 (or 1,2,3 for that matter, what driver does it use? I tried putting CDDA0: unit 0 in, but that didn't work either, probably because it's a device name not a 'driver', any idea what I can put?

Also, I tried using a KVM switcher between my Peg2 and err.. Amiga 1, but because my KVM apparently donsn't allow the Peg to 'read' the monitor ID correctly (LG1 L1715s in my case) it defaults to something too small. If I try changing the monitor type to the correct one, it seems to forget the screen type next boot. Same has been mentioned above ^^, did we ever find a solution to the problem?
  • »19.07.08 - 22:33
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    @ stephen_robinson

The best CD player for MorphOS is "CD Player" by Ilkka Lehtoranta. You can find it here.