Youtube acting up yet again...
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I can't get Youtube to work either, unless I spoof as Internet Explorer 10 with HTML5-video on. And yes, I got the latest of everything.

This is new behaviour for me since YT used to work without spoofing and HMTL5-video. But since YT are jerks, I'm satisfied with this solution for now.

So my advice for newbies is, get Grunch and use it to update everything and try spoofing as another browser and switch HTML5-player on and off until you get it to work.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »10.03.14 - 11:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    yes they are enabled and i too can only get youtube to work spoofing IE 10

I am loving MorphOS so much but this is dissapointing

[ Edited by sliceoflife 11.03.2014 - 00:00 ]
  • »11.03.14 - 00:58
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @sliceoflife

That is avtually Youtubes fault and not Morphos. Blame them :-)
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »11.03.14 - 14:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    It seems that YT changes something again. Since today here (Austria) we have the same problem, but it can be played it with getvideo and Mplayer or by clicking to "18" in the line below the video (view as HTML5). May take some time till this line appears..........

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 11.03.2014 - 19:22 ]
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »11.03.14 - 19:19
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    As said above, be sure to have OWB 1,23 and latest scripts at http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/scripts/ (youtube.js and youtube_fullscreen_fix.js, only those two are really needed for youtube). And as said above, be sure to ADD/ENABLE them in scripts manager window.

I just tested a few seconds ago, and all the videos i stumbled on worked, either in normal HTML5 mode, or in Flash-replacement mode.

And finally, as said above again, it's not morphos or the browser's fault if Youtube can sometimes break. They only have a very small fraction of their videos available as HTML5 mode, and for the rest you need hacks to replace Flash, which can obviously break each time they change something in their page.
  • »11.03.14 - 20:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > They only have a very small fraction of their videos available as HTML5 mode,
    > and for the rest you need hacks to replace Flash

I have not come across a video that doesn't work here (that's without using youtube.js) in a long time. Do you have an example URL?
  • »11.03.14 - 22:29
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    @Fab: I've installed latest scripts and they are activated. But there seems to be a problem at YT only yesterday (11.3.2012) - videos where showed, but cannot be played. Today it's well running again. Maybe thats different in other countries.....
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »12.03.14 - 07:05