New MUI Beta 09.11.2007
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    antibike
    how do you check what files has changed?
    i use lha hunt option, but is there also another way?

lha h muibeta_20071223.lha mossys:
  • »28.12.07 - 14:46
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms

i found another MUI4 issue in YAM.

Me too, I think I also found a probelm with latest MUI4 and YAM. Though I dont know if this has to do with MUI or only YAM. If you have a look at the icons/images in Ambients lister you can see that the shadows of them are drawn correctely which is not the case in YAM Config. On the other hand YAM's toolbar seems to be ok.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Regards

Christoph
  • »28.12.07 - 19:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
    rms
    Hi all,

I use latest MUI4 from 23.12.2007.

Some programs like ATC or VoodooX are having dont show the 1st file name in a lister correctely, in fact the name is have eaten...

If you have a look at vx.png this is the state after I have choosen a file and vx_after_a_click.png is the state after I clicked one in the lister. With ATC it's more or less the same.

Does anyone else have this?

Regards

Christoph
  • »11.01.08 - 14:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    I know what you mean. I have observed the same behavior with ATC and it happens with the last 5-6 MUI versions or so.. I can't say that it annoys me much. It's a minor bug.
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »11.01.08 - 17:00
  • pOS
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pOS
    It's interesting, that in several forums and even in tne MUI mailing list it is said, the latest MUI build is the one from 23.12.2007. Noone seems to recognize that there is also one from 24.12.2007.
  • »11.01.08 - 17:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dIGIMAN
    Quote:

pOS wrote:
    It's interesting, that in several forums and even in tne MUI mailing list it is said, the latest MUI build is the one from 23.12.2007. Noone seems to recognize that there is also one from 24.12.2007.

That u got were?
    I cant find
    http://www.stuntz.com/muibeta_20071224.lha
  • »11.01.08 - 17:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • pOS
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pOS
    Sorry for creating confusion. I downloaded a version and the day after another one. Thought I started with 22.12., but now. as I sit in front of my Peg - see that the latest one I have is the one from 23.12.
  • »11.01.08 - 20:44
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    antibike
    Quote:

Me too, I think I also found a probelm with latest MUI4 and YAM. Though I dont know if this has to do with MUI or only YAM. If you have a look at the icons/images in Ambients lister you can see that the shadows of them are drawn correctely which is not the case in YAM Config. On the other hand YAM's toolbar seems to be ok.

this is a png.datatype / picture.datatype issue. the current yam nightly build has a workaround for this.
  • »11.01.08 - 21:57
  • rms
    rms
    @ antibike

Thanks for feed-back, yes as of yesterdays nightly version of YAM the images/icons are drawn correctely :-)

Now only the somewhat "ugly" attachment icon is left to get corrected. It would be great if a correspondig to the attachment type default icon would be used instead.

Regards

Christoph
  • »12.01.08 - 07:18
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    antibike
    because of the "ugly" attachment icon there was also a change in yam, but now you only get this classic icon with "ambient png" text on it. it seems to be a problem to support the deficon system from ambient, because the icon.library dont have all the functions available that will be needed for this feature. or simply this functions dont give the expected feedback. this is only what i heard, i dont have the coding experiences to check it out be myself.
  • »12.01.08 - 10:18
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Problem is that YAM is using OS 3.9 icon.library extensiosn which are not supported in Ambient and probably never will. I once looked into implementing those extensions but it is great pain to implment 3.9 braindamage into Ambient when there is only 1 or 2 programs using it.

Ambient should have an external API to retrieve default icon though... in way or another.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »12.01.08 - 13:34
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    antibike
    hello itix,
    thanks for the info.
    this means there is currently no API in ambient that external apps can use the ambient deficon sytem? is there something in the pipe?
  • »12.01.08 - 21:28
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Quote:

this means there is currently no API in ambient that external apps can use the ambient deficon sytem?

That is correct.

Quote:

is there something in the pipe?

I have planned to do something about it but still after two years I havent managed to do anything. Making good API design is not easy and there is always problem with spare time :)
  • »12.01.08 - 21:48
    Crumb
    It would be nice if MOS icon.library supported plug-ins like OS4 icon library, so we could use 2 PNGs like AROS, SVGs instead of PNGs...
  • »14.01.08 - 13:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Quote:

It would be nice if MOS icon.library supported plug-ins like OS4 icon library, so we could use 2 PNGs like AROS, SVGs instead of PNGs...

Ambient supports dual PNG icons. It is not enabled by default but you can turn it on from advanced prefs.

Ambient also has supported datatype icons many years now. If you have SVG datatype you can use SVG icons in Ambient. You just cant set tooltypes for datatype icons.
  • »14.01.08 - 15:56