• »26.11.04 - 12:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    robjoh
    @Darth_X

Thanks

@Gunne

Takca dig själv, du lånade ut en pegasos till Datormagazinet. Vilket ledde till att jag satte mig och läste om Pegasos.
  • »26.11.04 - 16:44
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Velcro_SP
    Quote:

The thing is, how do we move forward, its needed to move forward. It seems because of some parts seems have come in some kind of locked situation, its more difficult to move on ?

Gunne, if some available OS components are locked in with other unavailable OS components then the way to move forward is to break them loose.

It would be useful IMO to do an incremental MOS release short of MOS 1.5 if there were a few improvements and additions, for instance if TCP/IP stack and more printer drivers were included. Call it MOS 1.44.

At this point people would probably be super happy to see any little sign of progress.
    Pegasos2 G3, 512 megs RAM
  • »29.11.04 - 10:52
  • rms
    rms
    I think MOS 1.5 is realy needed just to have printing working and IMHO this feature is a minimum feature an OS must have!

Up to now I could not manage to print via turboprint from applications like PageStream...

I have to use Wolf Faust's Studio software which works but not very good though under MOS.

The printers I use are: EpsonSytlus Color 3000, EpsonStylus Photo 2100 (which also prints on CD's) EpsonStylus C84 as well as a Xerox Docuprint A3 b/w PS laserprinter.

Printing postscript from PageStream works fine but as soon as Turboprint gets involved on one of the above printers just nothing prints.
  • »29.11.04 - 12:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    RockmanX
    Quote:

Velcro_SP wrote:

Gunne, if some available OS components are locked in with other unavailable OS components then the way to move forward is to break them loose.

It would be useful IMO to do an incremental MOS release short of MOS 1.5 if there were a few improvements and additions, for instance if TCP/IP stack and more printer drivers were included. Call it MOS 1.44.

At this point people would probably be super happy to see any little sign of progress.

I completely agree. Networking and Printing are nearly minimum requirements.
  • »29.11.04 - 12:44
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Kaczus
    Use Pagestream drivers. PageStream drivers works fine with morphos parallel.device.
    Kaczus/BlaBla & AUG-Lodz Happy Pegasos User
  • »29.11.04 - 13:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
    rms
    Well, I didn't know that PageStream drivers have callibrated output!

What I'm talking here about is to print a callibrated proof for customer acceptance before it goes to a commercial press.

AFAIK only Wolf Faust's Studio printing softaware and Turboprint is capable to do this. And anyway an OS MUST be able to print from any application which is run on it AND must have callibrated output IMHO!!! so what is seen on the screen is reflected on the paper!!!
  • »30.11.04 - 07:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Jonny_Rico
    As more and more developers are leaving (or stopping to develop for) the Pegasos platform because of "missing features" (like integrated TPC/IP stack, radeon 3d support, altivec, printer!) whats up with the Bounty Page??? I think BB won't pay the missing money to the guys (see www.morphos.net) so 1.5 with the above features won't come out... and as the MorphOS development stopped (or did you hear anything differnet from 1 of the former developers?) it might be very important for us to get some IMPORTANT software ready...
  • »26.12.04 - 19:11