"New" official MorphOS site!
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    @leo

2 press releases were published in july. The second one had a lot of infos when you really read it.
    That's not what you can call being mute.
  • »16.09.04 - 05:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    brotheris
    Leo:

"Just like MOS-Team being totally mute for over a year isn't doing anything good..."

Have they really ? Atleast I saw reports from various shows about developed components, Ambient progress reports, official statement from core developers, few updates of system components. Sure you don't get official daily reports, but eventualy you will know for sure what is inside. Just like in 1.3 -> 1.4 times.

poundsmak:
    "lets give bbrv at least a week"

and then what ? You will run in havoc with wild speculations ? Wait for the update and then if you really like make speculations based on that info.
    MOS team says that any info about MOS is official (and therefore true) only from horses mouth =)
    Home sweet home is Pegasos User Group Lithuania
  • »16.09.04 - 05:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    hehe i jsut dont want this same grabage thats been going on for like 4 months noww to continue so i figured mabey we can have 1 week with no pesemism......i have no idea whats going on........haha but i do know this........i love vikodine (super big dumb grin on my face) 8-D
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »16.09.04 - 06:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    minator
    Quote:

"Just like MOS-Team being totally mute for over a year isn't doing anything good..."

I don't know what (if anything) this means but I do know the developers are still working away on MorphOS.

As for communication and announcements, remember they are developers, not marketing people.
  • »16.09.04 - 11:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    @Henes: IIRC, the first one basically said "don't listen to anyone but MOS-Team, any information coming from anyone else is not official". The second one said that they had no ressources to work on a PearPC release (but are still interested in a Mac port) and that calling it "MOS version 1.5" wouldn't be enough... Wow ! ;)

Maybe I should have read the text from right to left to find the hidden important information ?
    A press release is a text giving clear information: you shouldn't have to "really read it" to find the infos.

... In the meanwhile: people are asking since months for official information on MOS "1.5" (call it like you want) development status... No answer.

Now strange things are happening: website changing to its old 3-years old look... even more weird: for the first time, bbrv not commenting on the subject. Again: mute.

You said whenever important bugs were corrected, an update was released, so I ask:

.Where are AHI & SFS updates ? (SFS "can't delete bug" and AHI bug in AC97 driver) ?

You said there were press releases, let me ask:

.Any real press release providing clear and un-encrypted (!) information on past/present/future MorphOS development ?
    "Ok, we have done that, that and that,... and you will be pleased to hear we have implemented that. Now we're working on that. An update is expected as soon as we have finished that. However we cannot fix a date."

Well, maybe that's too much to ask, after one year and a month.

Leo.

"Nothing hurts a project more than developers not taking the time to let their community know what is going on."

[ Edited by Leo on 2004/9/16 12:59 ]
    Nothing hurts a project more than developers not taking the time to let their community know what is going on.
  • »16.09.04 - 13:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    I really don't understand the situation. Genesi is making averything possible to leverage Morphos and have some interest from big companies. IAH Morphos doesn't give any information, no update since more than a year and now the website.
    Can't they communicate proffesionaly ? IMHO the only way to develop Mos market is with a good piece of hardware -- Pegasos -- Are they trying to go by themself ? Well good luck !
  • »16.09.04 - 13:59
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    @leo

Your "questions" were replied in the announcement. You obviously haven't read it (or you didn't like the answers).
    Thank you for demonstrating what I meant ;-)

And I alredy replied to your specific SFS&co question elsewhere... so you ask it again to be annoying and prove the previous point again (that you didn't read or didn't like the answer) ?
    Your signature is lame btw.

Have a nice day, dear leo. I will have one even if you don't like it :)
  • »16.09.04 - 15:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    @tapero

There were *several* *important* *MorphOS* *updates* during the past 12 months. They are available to all registered users.
  • »16.09.04 - 15:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    Quote:

Your "questions" were replied in the announcement. You obviously haven't read it (or you didn't like the answers).

The "annoucement" doesn't "answer" anything precisely.

Quote:

And I alredy replied to your specific SFS&co question elsewhere...

No you didn't. If you don't answer don't be surprised if I ask again (ie: your definition of "annoying").

Quote:

Your signature is lame btw.

When you and whole MOS-Team will get its "lame" meaning we'll make a great leap forward...

Quote:

Have a nice day, dear leo. I will have one even if you don't like it :)

Again, if you think I or any other people asking questions are doing it to annoy you, think again...

Leo.

[ Edited by Leo on 2004/9/16 15:49 ]
    Nothing hurts a project more than developers not taking the time to let their community know what is going on.
  • »16.09.04 - 16:46
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    brotheris
    Looks like http://www.morphos.net/ is back to its 'old' corporate design.
  • »25.09.04 - 11:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

brotheris wrote:
    Looks like http://www.morphos.net/ is back to its 'old' corporate design.

Good to see! I think this one is much more good looking! :-)

[ Edited by takemehomegrandma on 2004/9/25 13:44 ]
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »25.09.04 - 12:43
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    http://www.morphos.de forwards the visitor to the same site (.net), but http://www.morphos.org still goes to the old site. However, this was exactly like it was before this little "jump" - one domain has allways pointed to the "old" site, so everything seems to be back to normal now ...
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »25.09.04 - 12:59
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    brotheris
    "but http://www.morphos.org still goes to the old site"

There are more 'developer a like' info on older site. Maybe now they are figuring out what to do with that info, hence the 'new site'.
  • »25.09.04 - 13:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Neko
    Everything's changing.. hold onto your hats for the new new new new MorphOS site.

Neko
    Matt Sealey, Genesi USA, Inc.
    Developer Relations
    Product Development Analyst
  • »25.09.04 - 15:17
    Profile Visit Website