OWB 1.8 issues
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    I don't know anything about google voice, except it seems to be invite only for now.
  • »19.06.10 - 14:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    @Pampers

Looking at my bookmarks.html file downloaded from Xmarks (but I assume firefox is the same) there are no html, head of body tags.
    Has your converted code got these?
    Are there UL tags surrounding the group(s) of bookmarks (in addition to an LI tag for each individual bookmark)?

Rich
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »19.06.10 - 18:43
    Profile Visit Website
    Crumb
    Quote:

Once you've copied text from a rich-text editor, the rich-content is stored in a difference place than the system clipboard, and is likely used in priority, instead of the text copied from URL, because when you copy the URL address from a MUI gadget (or from any other application), the rich content is not erased, since it's a generic clipboard operation, that has nothing to do with OWB and thus rich-content clipboard data isn't cleared, and is used again and again. In the meanwhile, you can easily work it around by copying URL and pasting it in to subject/cc line, and copying it again from there.

a) I am not sure if this would work but I think that a possible solution when you copy a rich content would be creating two copies in the clipboard: one the normal rich content and the second one would be the rich content converted to plain text (I guess it will be more complex than it may look). That way at least copying from rich content to plain text would not be problematic

b) keep a list of stuff copied to clipboard by OWB and if latest element copied is not rich content delete all the old rich content clipboard data used by all OWB instances. Perhaps this solution is more dirty.
  • »19.06.10 - 20:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Travis_H
    I got my invite earlier this week. All the settings can be changed from the browser, just like the settings for gmail. It's when you click links like "Add another phone" that it sends you to a blank page.

Sign up for an invite, if only to check out the problem. It only took about a week for them to get to me.

(Oops, Google Voice is for the US only. Sorry, I forgot. Maybe someone else can see the problem.)

TJH
  • »19.06.10 - 20:07
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @Crumb

I also convert the rich-content to plain text and copy it to system clipboard, so that it can be used by other applications too.
    The actual problem is that when you copy some text with another application or even from OWB in URL or other system gadgets, OWB internal clipboard isn't notified of that change, so it doesn't clear the rich-content data, which means the rich-content is still used when one will paste again from the rich-content editor.

Your second solution wouldn't work if text is copied from an external application. The solution would be to snoop *global* clipboard activity and erase rich data whenever something is copied. It's not hard (at least the snoop part), but i somehow don't like this method. :)

[ Edited by Fab on 2010/6/19 21:40 ]
  • »19.06.10 - 20:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    Another strange thing I noticed is when downloading subtitles from subscene.com
    The file downloads ok, but the download window shows the files as failed downloads instead of finished.
    The files (rar or zips) seems to be ok though.
  • »20.06.10 - 09:40
    Crumb
    @Fab

so perhaps an easier solution would be that MorphOS Team updated clipboard system or MUI gadgets? :-)
  • »20.06.10 - 11:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @amyren

Most likely strange server/site returning an inappropriate status code (but still correct by the specs, i guess). "transferred partial content" is shown in status column, right?). If yes, you can ignore it.

[ Edited by Fab on 2010/6/20 14:11 ]
  • »20.06.10 - 13:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > you just need to go again to http://www.youtube.com/html5 and set the html5 cookie.

It seems that something broke some days ago.

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7225&forum=3&post_id=75448#75448
  • »30.07.10 - 13:15
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Addendum:

> It seems that something broke some days ago.

Fab found the cause for the problem:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7225&forum=3&post_id=75464#75464
  • »30.07.10 - 14:35