owb youtube
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Granada
    Just for the records: I'll be waiting until OWB has a plugin to display flash content directly the same way my Linux desktop does in Firefox.
    Mac Mini G4, 1.5GHz, MorphOS 2.7
  • »09.11.09 - 10:31
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dont wait. just use getvideo with owb. owb+flash plugin wont be the same experience as linux x86+firefox and maybe not even as linuxppc+firefox.
    if you are intrested in video sites like youtube ad such then getvideo is a much better solution than the flash plugin which will be too slow for the most of the video sites (google works, youtube slow fe.). with getvideo you can set it to play or save the vids to your hdd via owb's context menu in the desired fileformat and supports 30+ sites afair.
    if you wanna watch flash ads then you should really wait for the plugin:)
    and ofcourse getvideo wont make flash-based sites to work - this is the area when the flash plugin will make a real difference for us, morphos users.
    DEAD pegII/G4@1000.1gb ram.radeon 9200pro
    240 gigz hd.nec dvdrw.MorphOS 2.4 DEAD
    -=-=-=-
    amiga1200T.blizzardppc@180/040@25.96megz ram
    -=-=-=-=-
    zx.spectrum@3.5
  • »09.11.09 - 12:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @saddam,

Is there a FAQ, or installation document (edit: besides this thread, which might have enough info for me, but might not) that shows computer illiterates like me how to combine getvideo and OWB and set them both up to just play videos from YouTube and similar sites?

I have Tubexx working, but would rather not have to open a separate program and window, then copy and paste the url of the YouTube video that is referenced in some forum post, just so I can watch what the forum poster was trying to link us readers to. Does getvideo work that way with OWB, where I can just click (or double click) on the YouTube video link and have it open and play inside OWB's window, or even another window would be okay, as long as the only action necessary to open such second window was the double clicking of the YouTube video link.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/11/9 17:55 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »10.11.09 - 02:47
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @amigadave

i dont know if such a guide exists or not but i guess the info can be found in this thread should be enough. if its not then go to #morphos and ask for live assistant:) its quite trivial can be done in a few mins so be brave and go ahead:)

you can youe getvideo or flashless to act on clik to a link or via contextmenu (page or link). you can set it to play the vid on owb's screen (or on another i guess, never tried) which bings up mplayer (with or w/o the gui, your choice), then you can resize it at any size (try that with flash based embended players:), go to fullscreen, etc... or you can save it to disk with the same method. both the playing and the saving is much faster then with win/firefox fe.

unfortunately i have no working morphos box atm so i cant help you out but im sure you can handle it (and dont forget to visit #morphos if you cant:)
    DEAD pegII/G4@1000.1gb ram.radeon 9200pro
    240 gigz hd.nec dvdrw.MorphOS 2.4 DEAD
    -=-=-=-
    amiga1200T.blizzardppc@180/040@25.96megz ram
    -=-=-=-=-
    zx.spectrum@3.5
  • »10.11.09 - 15:04
    Profile Visit Website