bees and flowers(new torrent client)
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Motosampy
    I can download file only upto 16Mb which seems to be the ctorrent default value for cache size. I just started a test DL with '-C 4100', let's see what happens....

Edit:

Got upto 128Mb until complains about insufficient cache size.

[ Edited by Motosampy on 2007/2/16 7:26 ]

Those problems seemed to be caused by a large filesize, I didn't notice that the file I was downloading was around 4Gb and the filesystem only supports upto 2Gb...

[ Edited by Motosampy on 2007/2/18 18:22 ]
  • »15.02.07 - 20:53
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    Quote:

for me beehive is always asking for an "etc" assign, i dont know if is this for amitcp (always used miami for now). when i cancel on the request its just working fine.

what about trying :

Assign etc: path_to_your_MIAMI_directory:

it should get rid of the request.
  • »15.02.07 - 22:44
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    Just some extra feedback:

- Beehive crashes at some torrents (and crashing the whole system). No clue why.

- When that happens, it messes up the dload...and any other dloads at the same time...I think. because

- Some downloads here are corrupted and some are not. In the case of a BeeHive crash, you can reboot and continue the download, but after completion there are errors in the download. Mostly minor, but enough to fsck up a torrent with multiple .rar files or noticable errors in an avi..but

- I'm still not sure if it's down to (one) BeeHive task crashing and fusking up other BeeHive tasks...or down to *just* a bug in BeeHive (as well ;-) ). I downloaded stuff without probs 50% of the time...and the other 50% stuff is messed up (for some reason..see above for theories ;)
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »22.02.07 - 01:22
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    Same here. Sadly it is exactly as unstable as CTorrent was. I have a very nice extra issue: When it downloads very fast (2-6MB/s), it corrupts the whole internet traffic (IB downloads homepages, pictures with bad CRC). I'm not sure that it's a BeeHive (CTorrent) bug or a MiamiDX one, but it comes only with this stuffs.
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »22.02.07 - 09:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    why dont u use mosnet?

btw what kind of net connection do ya have? 2-6mb/s??? kinda fast...
    DEAD pegII/G4@1000.1gb ram.radeon 9200pro
    240 gigz hd.nec dvdrw.MorphOS 2.4 DEAD
    -=-=-=-
    amiga1200T.blizzardppc@180/040@25.96megz ram
    -=-=-=-=-
    zx.spectrum@3.5
  • »22.02.07 - 11:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    Quote:

why dont u use mosnet?

Because it's impossible to get it work with Apache. (Tried many times, I couldn't get either AmiTCP's inetd, or a standalone Apache working.)

Quote:

btw what kind of net connection do ya have? 2-6mb/s??? kinda fast...

I have a full speed 100Mbit connection at the university (BME). Maybe I have the fastest Pegasos on the world? :D
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »22.02.07 - 14:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    i don't have any of these issues using MOSNet, but i have to admit that i only tried about 10 torrents so far.
  • »22.02.07 - 15:27
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

When it downloads very fast (2-6MB/s), it corrupts the whole internet traffic (IB downloads homepages, pictures with bad CRC). I'm not sure that it's a BeeHive (CTorrent) bug or a MiamiDX one, but it comes only with this stuffs.

It's a Miami bug (affects all versions afaik), when traffic starts getting excessive Miami starts corrupting its own buffers randomly...

- CISC
  • »22.02.07 - 23:31
  • Just looking around
    Ohh, lots of action since my last visit... and more bugs.

Well first of all, I uploaded a new version to
    http://www.students.tut.fi/~komsa/amiga/beehive/
    where most of the bugs from the early reports have been fixed and some other small enhancements.

Then some comments. It is unlikely that I would touch the sanity check code. I don't know what magic MLDonkey does, but the hash check is not lightning fast on windows-clients (on a comparable cpu). I would encourage you to rather email the coder of Enhanced CTorrent.

I will check if the file select ("-n" option) can be turned on real time. If yes, then I could make it so that you can set priority of the file from info-window. If not, then I don't really know how to incorporate this in to the GUI.

If there are .torrents that always crash the client, it would be nice if you could send it to me (or point me the webpage or something).
  • »04.03.07 - 18:27
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    Just downloaded BeeHive 0.2, and have some suggestions:

- It would be great, if the name of the iconified BeeHive would be the name of the Torrent. Adding an alternative appicon refering finished downloads would be also good.

- I have downloaded a 4.1GB torrent (of course it consists of many files). BeeHive works with it, but it writes that it's size is -1986MB ;), so I suggest you to increase the size of the variable where you are storing filesize :)

- Is it hard to modify the client to handle multiple downloads? That's how I imagined it: The program'd have only one window, but with many tabs, and some buttons to add new torrents. On the tabs would remain the same interface as now exists. The program would accept torrents with drag'n'drop ;) What do you think about it? :)

Anyway, thanks for the update, it is now the best torrent client for MorphOS!

[ Edited by GK_LKA on 2007/3/4 21:06 ]
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »04.03.07 - 20:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    kempaboy
    If you want Beehive to startup instantly you can always use the -b option, its the same in CTorrent also.

EX. BeeHive -b filename.save filename.torrent

Remember to use the cancel button if you want to restart your computer, or else the information will not be saved, and Beehive must check all data again.

I have alot of crashes whith Beehive and CTorrent, but since i made a clean install of my system, Beehive havent crashed even once...
  • »18.03.07 - 14:25
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    i've downloading a movie with beehive 0.2 since 2 days. movie has 2 parts and
    coming slowly, but speed is not problem, i can wait. but... after 2 days
    the 95% of the first part has been downloaded. then i turned off the peg (and
    stopped beehive with the cancel button, as always before), coz it was very
    late. on the next morning i turned on the peg, started beehive - and the 95%
    of the first part is gone - only 16% is left as downloaded! the already
    downloaded .nfo file is also gone (0%), but the second part stayed at 86% as
    it was at last night. how can it be possible? this torrent has been stopped
    and started several times in these days without problems, why it f*ked up at
    the very end?

another issue with beehive: it displays the current dl. rate and dl.-ed
    size. im using mosnet with gelbespanel, and gelbespanel displays almost
    twice of the dl speed and total dl.-ed size than displayed in beehive (only
    beehive runs, nothing else). is it a bug or feature?:)
    DEAD pegII/G4@1000.1gb ram.radeon 9200pro
    240 gigz hd.nec dvdrw.MorphOS 2.4 DEAD
    -=-=-=-
    amiga1200T.blizzardppc@180/040@25.96megz ram
    -=-=-=-=-
    zx.spectrum@3.5
  • »24.03.07 - 12:43
    Profile Visit Website