How to get rid of MyMorphOS icon?
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    As long as it is not linuxism because Windows is better than Linux ;-)
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »07.04.06 - 11:03
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    koan
    I'm guessing "Dashboard" would not be in your top 10 ?

"Control panel"...

Action desk ?

I was thinking vice (because that's what you put on a workbench) but then Americans spell it vise don't they...

Atmosphere (starting from the word Ambient)
  • »07.04.06 - 13:03
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    What about 'Workbench' ;-)

guess I'd rather run and hide now... ;-)
    Enjoy the weekend :-)
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »07.04.06 - 17:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    I like that icon, and I like it's name too. I think it's useful, but it shall be able to switch completly off.

About assigns:
    I think one of the best things are the assigns. I use a very large, 4-10 level, complex directory stucture with many symlinks, and I prefer to leave the most frequently used directories easy reachable with assigns (like EX-55: for my photos (after the type of my cam), Down: for downloads, Logs:, MP3:, Movie:, ScreenShots:, etc.). It's very useful, that they are listed in browsers.

Other things: I like, that MUI4 asl lib shows the directory's icon for the assigns. Where has it gone from Ambient?

What are the long-term goals of the icon subsystem? Is it now final? I mean that will it ever support 128x128 (or much likely much larger) icons? MOS icons remain always as Amiga-ones: fix- and only one-sized? I think storing different sizes in one file is not a bad idea. What about adding a fix sized, square shaped border around the thumbnails (like in XP)? What about storing them into a cache?

What about the "dynamic drawer icons", which refer to their content (e.g. picture drawer is a def_drawer.info and a small def_picture.info on it's edge)? Other ideas?
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »07.04.06 - 23:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Quote:

Other things: I like, that MUI4 asl lib shows the directory's icon for the assigns. Where has it gone from Ambient?

Directory icons are used in icon mode but in a list mode it uses default icon only. One big downside in the Ambient development is that icon and list view modes use different code. So improvements to an icon mode are not applied to listers and vice versa...

Quote:

What about the "dynamic drawer icons", which refer to their content (e.g. picture drawer is a def_drawer.info and a small def_picture.info on it's edge)?

But how Ambient would detect contents of the drawer? I dont see much chances for an automation there...
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »07.04.06 - 23:51
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    Quote:

But how Ambient would detect contents of the drawer? I dont see much chances for an automation there...

Ok, this one was not the best idea (but it's mostly working in KDE).

Hm. I've just found that double clicking icons with the middle button opens the drawer in new window. Very nice :)
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »08.04.06 - 00:02
    Profile Visit Website