OT: Installing Molk & MacOS
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    @FrankBrana

Molk is just a Linux+MOL distro... it's easy to install and may have slightly more recent gfx drivers but the emulator itself doesn't support hardware acceleration.
  • »11.07.06 - 06:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    FLComputer
    @Magnetic:

Sorry to keep my position but after trying many configurations, the only way I have found for files sharing with my others PC is using the 'sheep' driver.

'Tun' driver is good if users want to have DHCP enable, that's ok, but if you can tell me how you can access your workgroup on your LAN and your other computer shared files with this driver, I would thank you !

If you have only one machine on your LAN, ok, keep using the 'Tun' driver, if you have more than one computer on your LAN, I advise using the 'Sheep' driver.

Faranheit
    --
    I.M.M. Informatique : YOUR Efika Reseller for France, Luxembourg and Belgium !
    Mail : laurentz@informatique-imm.lu
    Site : http://www.informatique-imm.lu
  • »11.07.06 - 08:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Anyone have an easy and working way to get internet acces working? So far no matter what I try it just will not work.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »11.07.06 - 22:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Well I got everything working 100% now. I think I may write a step by step guide of everything I learned for those that want it.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »13.07.06 - 12:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    AKiLL
    Does anyone know how to get a three buttons PS2 mouse and usb 2.0 memory stick work under molk and OS X Tiger ?

Tnx in advance...

AKiLL

[ Edited by AKiLL on 2006/7/17 13:04 ]
  • »15.07.06 - 17:10
  • Just looking around
    dhylton
    go ahead and shoot me if you wish, i have not gone through the mailing list posts yet ... i have two problems so far with MOL on my pegasos2 and am hoping someone here will know the answers right away.

1) i'm using tun for network access, but have not figured out how to get TO osx from another host on my network. specifically, i'd like to remotely control (vnc) the osx desktop.

2) my setup is an odw with cd on hda, morphos on hdc and pegxmac (ubuntu) and mol on hdd. osx boots this way, but ubuntu (and gnome) is hungry for ram and i'd like to get MOLK working. i've been unsuccessful so far, and have a feeling that MOLK does not support /dev/hdd; is this the case? the docs only talk about hda and hdb, but i obviously don't have that option at the moment. is it possible to use hdd with MOLK?

thx!
  • »09.08.06 - 16:38
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

1) i'm using tun for network access, but have not figured out how to get TO osx from another host on my network. specifically, i'd like to remotely control (vnc) the osx desktop.

You have to forward some ports to MOL, with something like this in tunconfig (you probably need to modify this if not using MOLK and want to forward one range to another):

$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i eth0 --dport <from>:<to> -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.$NET_NUM.2

(put it last in the "$ACTION" = up block and set the appropriate <from>/<to> ports)

..and remember to open the OSX firewall as well...

Quote:

is it possible to use hdd with MOLK?

Yes, ofcourse.

- CISC
  • »09.08.06 - 18:59