Call for gfx artists. Apply now and win StUFf
  • elf
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    elf
    Moi!

I am looking for a talented person to draw skin(s) for upcoming release of Frogger. I can't pay any money (not huge that is, we can discuss that), but I can offer free keyfiles or honorable place of your name in the documentation ;) Anyone?
  • »02.06.04 - 20:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    cd32
    sicko :-D
  • »02.06.04 - 20:50
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    cecilia
    hey! I NEED to enlarge MY penis!!!!
    first, i have to find it.
    well, :-o

so, tell us about this project!
    :-D
    "if you ever slam anyone, for anything, somehow you always end up eating shoe" Targhan
  • »02.06.04 - 20:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • elf
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    elf
    You can borrow mine for a while...

Anyway - Frogger is a media player. The upcoming release will have new gui, for which I need skin. You can learn more about frogger and its features using the above link.

grab nr 1
    grab nr 2
  • »02.06.04 - 20:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    To bad elf, because a) I have allready a large penis and b) also a keyfile for frogger :-D
    Anyway, let me know what exactly is needed, perhaps I might to extend the onefive skin for frogger. BTW good work!!
  • »02.06.04 - 21:07
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    just for the fun of it when is this new release going otbe and how many skins are u looking for?
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »02.06.04 - 21:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    elf, I added a second - always on - banner for FroggerNG. This only shows up when users aren't logged in, but will be there until you find an artist (or everyone gets sick of looking at it :-P).

Good luck on finding an artist (I'm horrible with art...).
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »02.06.04 - 22:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • elf
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    elf
    when? soon (: how many? two? one will be prepared by Jobbo, hopefully (: but there may be people with different taste, and one or two aditional skins would be great. For start. Included in archive, so people downloading main program already would have a choice.

I am gonna prepare skin sample tonight, with detailed description and guideline how to make one, will let all of you know when its up.
  • »03.06.04 - 19:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    warface
    Quote:

I am gonna prepare skin sample tonight, with detailed description and guideline how to make one, will let all of you know when its up.

I'm currently working on an AminetRadio skin, of which a preview image is available here.

I can't promise anything (I'm very busy nowadays, I hardly have time to finish the ANR skin, although having a working prototype), but if there will be a detailed skin description and features/limitations will be clear I might give it a shot if you like.
  • »03.06.04 - 19:21
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    Quote:

So, is that ready? :-)

EDIT

I was tired of waiting, so I made a quick sketch how mine would look like, here it is:

http://snews.vim.hu/frogger/frogger.jpg
  • »04.06.04 - 12:27
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    Warface: Sweet! :kiss:
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »04.06.04 - 12:37
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    frogger2.jpg

There is still no sign of elf, nevertheless meanwhile I've finalized the GUI. Hopefully it will match the guidelines, and no major rework will be needed, just converting it into a skin. Where's my reward? :-)
  • »04.06.04 - 15:21
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    C'mon it can't be that scary. :-)
  • »06.06.04 - 14:16
    Profile Visit Website
    Miky060
    @ WarFace
    your skin is really really really reslly really nice! I actually love it. I hope to see it soon, good work.

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »06.06.04 - 15:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • elf
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    elf
    looks nice ;) I am sorry I have not responded earlier, but first I was busy, then during discussions with gfx artists it turned out that some additional features has to be added so the skinable gui will be more flexible and usefull. Seems like its done so I can now prepare the demo skin and some readme.
  • »11.06.04 - 11:42
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    Hopefully there will be no collisions between my skin and the new requirements. Waiting for the specs :-)
  • »11.06.04 - 19:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • elf
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    elf
    ok, took me (as usual ;) longer than expected, but finally the example skin and description is available at frogger page. It contains crappy example skin (with preview), skin definition with all the variables explained, as well as small txt file explaining how to prepare a skin.
    @warface - if you still interested in making a skin, send me an email so I could give you latest frogger binary (and later keyfile, after the skin is done ;)
  • »18.06.04 - 16:35
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    Rather hastily, but checked out the skin description and parts. The skin description is a bit worse, but the overall possibilities are a bit better than I expected.

Next week (time permitting) I will attempt to create a skin from the sketch I've shown.

Sent the mail for the binary with skin support.
  • »18.06.04 - 21:56
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    I've received the binary.

After some more investigation, I still think that the skin system is rather restricted (althought I still hope that my skin can be implemented). My major concern is (besides having no chance to position items by coordinates) the single and one SPACE gadget. There are no other custom gadgets, and no chance of using multiple background images.

If I may suggest a change in the skin system, at least a CUSTOM gadget would be nice to have. Like this:

GADGETS_LEFT = PLAY,CUSTOM=space1.png,PREV,NEXT,CUSTOM=space2.png,EJECT,CUSTOM=space3.png

That'd make life much easier.

Having (left, right, top, bottom, maybe center aligned) pixel offsets for gadgets instead of this "all gadgets are next to each other" system would be nice as well, but not that critical like having CUSTOM spacers with different images.

Anyway, OSD honestly rules, and the next frogger version seems to be a very nice upgrade.
  • »20.06.04 - 17:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • elf
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    elf
    > GADGETS_LEFT = PLAY,CUSTOM=space1.png,PREV,NEXT,CUSTOM=space2.png,EJECT,CUSTOM=space3.png

ok, this is done. Ill send you updated binary tonight.
  • »21.06.04 - 17:34
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    And my progress so far...

test image
  • »21.06.04 - 18:54
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    And a somewhat more advanced state shown here:

preview2

I'm a bit disappointed with my buttons, but it has nothing to do with the skin system, just with my gfx :-) I'll try to enhance it a bit.
  • »22.06.04 - 20:08
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    And the next one. My progress was somewhat slow :-) And just recently I realised that I wanted the quit gomb on the left side :-) So some redrawing has to take take place soon.

preview3

One more thing. I'll need a name for my skin. I cannot guarantee that I'll listen to suggestions but they are welcome :-)
  • »24.06.04 - 20:32
    Profile Visit Website
    Robin
    I really like your "graymon" skin ;-)
  • »24.06.04 - 20:57
    Profile Visit Website