YAM icon with Docking Bar
  • Just looking around
    EDanaII
    Greetings all, :)

I just officially joined the MorphOS club. Now I'm trying to smooth out my experience. First (minor) issue I'm dealing with is YAM. I downloaded the latest MorphOS version and am trying to attach it to the Dock Bar (Polynet?) but the icon for YAM appears only as a small black square. YAM does have an icon, but I'm assuming it's not compatible with the Dock.

Any clues on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Ed.

[ Edited by EDanaII 11.08.2012 - 11:34 ]
  • »11.08.12 - 19:24
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Hmm... I thought PolyNet NG is compatibile with all Amiga icons (YAM should have either a GlowIcon or PNG icon) but maybe try this one and see if it works.
  • »11.08.12 - 21:14
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Maybe not what you want to do in this case, but good-to-know in any case.

Click RMB over icon to get the context menu, select "Information". You can see an icon in the middle. You can drag and drop any icon here to replace it. The same way, you can create icons for directories & files without an icon.
  • »12.08.12 - 00:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    realstar
    Ambient has a built in panel/dock system that can be added from the 'Objects->Panels->New...' menu item as well. Polynet NG is an add on dock bar maybe gotten from pack ultimate or some other place? The Yam icon does work fine on the default Ambient panels but I guess some people find Polynet has more options.
  • »12.08.12 - 07:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    EDanaII
    Yea, I decided to try the Ultimate Pack. This gives me a little more to play with.

In any case, using the icon (and tecnique) suggested fixes my problem. Now on to other things. :)
  • »14.08.12 - 00:46