Cant upload files from OWB to skydrive
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    I recently discovered the online services for using Microsoft apps like Word, Excel and PowerPoint. I must admit I found it a bit cool to be able to read and create Word documents on MorphOS with these apps.

So I had to log into skydrive with an hotmail account to use it, and I can make and store Word documents online in docx format. Also I can download them, or if I choose the print option, OWB will save them as pdf files which I can read or print on MorphOS.
    But if I have a word file that I want to upload, then I got into problems. Then the upload requestor comes up and I select my file, and a upload window apears with a progress indicator. Then an error message apears in that window:
    Please select a file that doesnt contain any special characters or start or ends with "."

While working inside the Word editor I can upload images without any problems though.

Anyone knows why this happens or a way to work around this?
  • »04.03.12 - 17:10
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    Now I can upload files to skydrive from OWB.
    Apearently they must have improved their upload system, because I get no errors while uploading today :)
    Havent used skydrive for a while, and noticed they now have a free upgrade to 25GB online storage for old accounts.
  • »13.05.12 - 07:41
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Spoofing as a more common browser might improve your experience as well...
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »13.05.12 - 11:06
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    thanks for the tip.
    Though I didnt change that, it have been set to safari 5.1 all the time. But now, after two months it did work :)
    So my guess is that they have changed something on their website.

Anyway, I just tried to change to Chrome, and after that changed to Odyssey, and it did work on those settings as well.
  • »15.05.12 - 09:15