Little request for PolyNet author
    Miky060
    I am a registered PolyNet user since ages (never used MorphOS built-in Dock system, it's too much limited) and I perfectly know that PolyNet is no more developed and that MorphOS 3.0 will have its newer (probably better) dock system, but I want to ask to Polymere if he has time to bring a little update to Polynet hopeing it needs not big efforts to be imlemented:

Is it possible to add possibility to use outline or shadow effect to the font used in the bars? I use to have pop-up bars to launch applications and if I use a white colour for the fonts and my Ambient background is bright I'll see nothing. Same if I use black fonts with dark background. So I ended to use "strange" colours like yellow.. :-D

Grab.png

[ Edited by Miky060 08.11.2011 - 14:29 ]

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »08.11.11 - 14:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Jambalah
    PolyNet already has a shadow regulator. You will find in "text settings" section. :-P
    Open a list of programs and go over one of them with mouse. Then right mouse click and select "Bar settings" On the right there's the box for text settings with three choices: the font type, the font size and the font shadow (yes, it's the "edita pulsante" slider... A translation error. I'd kill that fu****ing translator!!! :-) ) to modify shadow intensity.
    Shadow follows this rule: if your bar is in full opacity mode, 0 value means "no shadow", 1 means "full shadow", increasing value fade off shadow till 100 value (no shadow again). If your bar is using transparency, values goes from 0 (no shadow) to 100 (full shadow). According to the font type you are going to use and its width shadow will be more or less weird (f.e. a thick font type will display a better shadow than a thin one) and unfortunately it's not possible to modify shadow distance...
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »09.11.11 - 14:25
    Miky060
    Thanks Jambalah, I've just solved the problem (yesterday, speaking with polymere..): as you say the shadow option was there but "hidden" but an erroneous translation!!
    Unfortunately polymere said that to implement outline mode it should change the font engine, so not a 5 minutes job..

Here is how it's now..

[ Edited by Miky060 09.11.2011 - 17:11 ]

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »09.11.11 - 16:57
    Profile Visit Website